Driving to Sousa from Santo Domingo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
TO: MOTORCITYMIKE--: Please use the search function, since I have written this a few times. It is not that hard if you are an alert driver.
YOu need Dominican money to do this since there is a RD$30 peso toll outside Santo Domingo. (6 RD$5.00 coins will do--and they have change there, too.)

Good luck.

HB :D:D:D

To the Original Poster: You have made a wise choice. Since you seem to know how to navigate around this site, look up some posts by Sliver Ghost and Gray Ghost. He tells of his several daays of fun and sport along the North Shore. Then read Robert's post on DAMAJAGUA FALLS--written by Cleef, a most talented fellow--with pictures.

HB :D:D

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Hillbilly said:
TO: MOTORCITYMIKE--: Please use the search function, since I have written this a few times. It is not that hard if you are an alert driver.
YOu need Dominican money to do this since there is a RD$30 peso toll outside Santo Domingo. (6 RD$5.00 coins will do--and they have change there, too.)

Good luck.

Thanks Hillbilly!

I usually rent a car every time I come. I've just never driven between SDQ and the north coast. I've done some searching but still not quite sure on how to get onto the main route to the north. The last time I was driving around Santo Domingo, I got a bit confused around 27 de febrero.

MCM

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let me know if you can't find good directions after a search. I'll make sure you don't get lost.

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Let me know if you can't find good directions after a search. I'll make sure you don't get lost.

I trust your directions.....you didn't get me lost going to/from Punta Rucia. That was a fun drive.

MCM

Sep 19, 2005
I am dying to read these...I have the map and can see the route...and see the names...but they werent on any signs...are you going to give landmarks or what?......ill tell ya what happened in the morning after i see these direction through SD!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha.

the map says Avenda Las Americas, runs into Puente Jaun Pablo Duarte, which runs into Ave 27 de Febrero, then you need to trun off ontoAve san Martin, then go around the circle and get on John F kennedy which SHOULD run out to route 1.....but should is a huge word in the DR.......

next time I am stopping the first cabby and say i will follow you to the other side of the city and then pay you...hahahaha.....bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you just ask anyone in S.D. the way towards Santiago you will get out of the city on the right road. You need to go north on Kennedy. This becomes the main highway towards Santiago, which is what you need to get to the North Coast.