Drone Video: Santo Domingo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This video amazes me, still. Look at the end of the video, K9M construction, what is up with that?

The KM9 construction is widening the highway to 14 (or 16) lanes. The had the same problem there as the bridge in Sosua where a couple of landowners were holding up things.
That was resolved a couple of weeks ago so now they'll be ramping up the work again.
Watching that video, it's amazing to see how far back the backup is on Kennedy. Once you get past Maximo Gomez it almost disappears.
Maximo Gomez is a huge artery.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The KM9 construction is widening the highway to 14 (or 16) lanes. The had the same problem there as the bridge in Sosua where a couple of landowners were holding up things.
That was resolved a couple of weeks ago so now they'll be ramping up the work again.
Watching that video, it's amazing to see how far back the backup is on Kennedy. Once you get past Maximo Gomez it almost disappears.
Maximo Gomez is a huge artery.
Yes, the usual traffic jams very much in evidence.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The Bella Vista video was probably filmed on Sunday morning. Very little traffic. Awesome videos!

Reactions: keepcoming

eafanduiz

Nov 9, 2023
Miami
It almost looks like a place I would like to visit, but I know better after having to go there probably close to a hundred times.
What is it about some people who just must and utterly live for injecting negativity and pessimism into everything? Do. you just troll comments looking to see where you can throw a wet blanket?

Reactions: johne and colmcb

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It almost looks like a place I would like to visit, but I know better after having to go there probably close to a hundred times.
After living down there I feel the same way. Limit myself to one trip per year and it's always to see my extended family usually during the xmas holidays.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I love the vibe. I am a city boy. For me the north coast is a nice change for me. After a weekend, that's enough.
The residential area around the Blue Mall and Mirador Sur look nice, but the rest of SD has absolutely no charm to me. Sitting in traffic jams to get anywhere else in the city would drive me nuts.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The residential area around the Blue Mall and Mirador Sur look nice, but the rest of SD has absolutely no charm to me. Sitting in traffic jams to get anywhere else in the city would drive me nuts.
Most of Greater SD doesn't look very nice, but there are more areas in all directions from "the residential area around Blue Mall and Mirador Sur" that themselves look like nice and organized places. If all the nice areas in Greater SD would be together, it would be a massive area.

Reactions: aarhus

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Most of Greater SD doesn't look very nice, but there are more areas in all directions from "the residential area around Blue Mall and Mirador Sur" that themselves look like nice and organized places. If all the nice areas in Greater SD would be together, it would be a massive area.
Tons of of very nice residential areas in SD, unfortunately many are hidden by a lack of zoning laws.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
To think not that long ago there weren’t many highrises in SD. Like when DR1 was created.. o_O