Drug Use in the Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
whatever you want you can get it. the first time i was in the dr, i was told by a Brit that all you have to do is ask "so, and so"on the beach and its yours. a girl i know from canada, was suckered by a dr boy to smuggle drugs into her country, and she got caught. spent 2 years in jail, and just got back to her country 3 months ago. drugs are everywhere, you just have to know where to get it, and watch your back. be careful as to who you can trust, or have enough money to pay off the cops!!!!

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
the drugs are there if u want them

if u want drugs i was told to go see "so and so" on the beach. they're just as easy to obtain just like here at home. anyways. a canadian girl i know got busted in the dr for smuggling cocaine and she spent 2 years in jail in the dr. wow, why would anyone let a man convince you to do so is beyond me. but she's now home, and will never leave canada again. its too crazy to do that especially when u cant trust anyone.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
suarezn said:
I think I was about 15, the first time I ever heard of anyone I knew using drugs in the DR. He was caught with marijuana and was kicked out of school. I must say that the prevalence of drugs has increased tremendously in the DR over the last 10 years or so. Still, it is not very visible (except for maybe some neighborhoods such as Capotillo, Los Guandules, etc). The DR is used as a "bridge" between drug producing countries (Colombia, peru, etc) and the US. As such there's bound to be some residual drugs left in the DR for consumption. Considering the number of dominicans involved in the drug trade, it is a miracle that drug usage is still relatively low. There's definitely NOT a "drug culture" in the DR. In other words, even though people do it, it is not looked upon as cool as in the US. Presidente, rum and sex still rule as vices in the DR. My two cents...

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
LOL...Kunky you're funny... You remind me of a poster named Katty. She hasn't posted in a while but the similarities are uncanny. The multiple posts, the whole quote thing...LOL.. Too funny. You guys could be twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.