El Caucho Hotel in Boca Chica

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
have we met ? have you seen me on the street picking up girls ? great assumption on your part :ermm:

Now you see, this is why I generally don't take for my personal time to write posts on this particular form; snide comments like that. If you read my post, then you read my statement about the girl in question at no time having solicited or made it clear that she was a prostitute. In addition this girl in question was an employee of the hotel. So it's like going into a bar and hitting it off with a bartender, and having a one night stand. My friend woke up in the morning and saw a $100 charge placed to his room number. Now if you call girls which are bartenders Street girls then I guess you're right. In the Dominican Republic for the most part girls who work in bars or behind the counter serving drinks are open for that kind of negotiation. With that said the point of this issue is that no solicitation or understanding of that nature was negotiated; which constitutes theft. Theft which is being condoned by the management of a hotel.

I wrote the post just to look out for some individuals if they want to heed the message.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ifalasa,
did your friend dispute the charges? Because this scenario happens to be one of the all-time most annoying things that some dominicans do to tourists.

I am speaking in general here, like when you get in a cab and the guy decides to bump up the rate and he doesn't tell you until you are halfway to your destination.

Or when you are sitting at the beach and order a few cokes for you and your buddies and the bill comes out to 1,000 pesos. WTF?:eek:gre::eek:gre::eek:gre:

I've never heard of the particular situation so it must be a new one, but damn I would of flipped. I know this doesn't help, but thanks for the post because you have just educated us on this scam.

What's funny is I'll bet you anything that if your friend had asked up front if the girl in question was a cuero/puta she would of gotten upset but that is exactly what she is, and a sneaky conniving one at that.

This is the kind of crap that gives Boca Chica such a bad reputation. Too bad because the place really does have potential.