El Cibao, October 26th-November 2nd...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Correction-the name of the restaurant is "Aroma de la Monta?a".

The name of the mountain is "Jamaica de Dios", which is a residential area where you can buy a sol?r and build a home with an absolutely breathtaking view.

If any of this information is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

Absolutely correct, and absolutely wonderful pictures. Everytime I look up there from Jarabacoa I wonder about the stability of building up there but the view is certainly stupendous.

Reactions: Berzin

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had the pleasure of spending that particular afternoon in Jarabacoa with Cobraboy and his wonderful wife, who made my friends feel right at home.

I met his dogs, including his incredible Great Dane, which was an absolute pleasure as I'm a big-time dog lover (all animals really, but especially dogs).

We spent the whole afternoon talking and it was as if I was catching up with an old friend.

Thanks for everything, Cobraboy-and I hope the next time you see me it'll be with a motorcycle helmet on ready to take a tour with your company somewhere in the DR!!!
A wonderful afternoon indeed. Folks don't realize how amazing Jarabacoa is until they see it from "God's view."

Hang tough, get 'er done, and let's go riding when you come back!

May 12, 2005
A wonderful afternoon indeed. Folks don't realize how amazing Jarabacoa is until they see it from "God's view."

Hang tough, get 'er done, and let's go riding when you come back!

Hamaca de Dios is simply incredible. That restaurant IMHO is 1000 times better than Camp David Ranch.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Spent the day with AZB after he was nice enough to let me stay at his crib.

We drove from the capital after the DR1 dinner back to Santiago in the middle of the night and I got to see how a Santiagueros spend an average Saturday.

AZB ran his errands, we ate at a typical Dominican spot, got the car washed, got a tour of Gold's Gym, went to the mall and had Elados Bon (my favorite), hung out at the hotel pool (Gran Almirante, if I'm not mistaken-correct me if I'm wrong) met up with Hillbilly and even went to a political rally for the brother of a friend of AZB's who's running for S?ndico in Santiago.

AZB predicts that he'll be President of the country some day.

As for Hillbilly, thank you for welcoming me into your home and treating me like a friend. The conversation was way too short, and hopefully we can sit down and talk more next time I'm in Santiago. And by the way, that huge dog of yours is beautiful and very well-behaved.

Thank you again AFTAB for the hospitality.

Berzin and AZB at the hotel pool-

2dtrewk.jpg

AZB-
6qkzo3.jpg

The marvelous view-
bemj8.jpg

34xpdm8.jpg

Please, have a seat-
2s84wmu.jpg

k48roh.jpg

6r65oh.jpg

AZB on the phone, making "executive decisions"-
9r3wjl.jpg

Enjoying a beautiful day in Santiago-
200cnqf.jpg

2rzf76u.jpg

I posted this one somewhere else on the site, but wanted to include it here as meeting Hillbilly was part of the day's events-
300zii8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: swake

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures. Looks like you had the perfect trip to paradise!

swake

Oct 27, 2002
That place in La Vega looks like the El Rey hotel. Thought they were up for sale?
Very nice pictures indeed! Thanks for posting, Berzin.