El Magnifico-Cabarete

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Just back from a trip there and was very impressed with the place. The rooms are fabulous, the service excellent, and the location is within walking distance to the many restaurants and shops in Cabarete. The price for the room we had was easily 20% of what a comprable room would go for in the USA. The grounds are immaculate, everything is clean and well maintained and you felt safe on the grounds and in the area. I would highly recommend the place to anyone looking for a quality room at a fair price. The only negative is while it is on the beach and the views are spectacular, their beach is not usable for swimming and tanning. We had booked through Sunny Villa Holidays. Rimma was a pleasure to do business with.

cork2win

Jun 15, 2006
Hi, thanks for the review. We're staying there next week and if you don't mind I have a few questions.

What do you mean about the beach not being suitable for swimming/tanning? Is it because there are no chairs? I heard to just head West a bit and that people had chairs for rent there, is this true?

Do the rooms have any ammenities or do I need to pack everything like soap/shampoo?

Did you make use of the room safes? My husband is all worried about securing things and wants specifics on the room safes, like whether they use keys or combinations, whether they are secured to concrete or something or just a box?

Any tips appreciated!

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
There is not much of a shoreline, its quite rocky and the current is rough. In fact the hotel suggests not swimming there. Just proceed west a short distance as you've said and you can rent lounge chairs in front of the many restaurants for the day. Negotiate for these as the pricing is flexible if you weren't sure. Best bet is to go west through the Hotels scenic pathway not the beach. You'll end in front of the Valero Beach resort and then make a right toward the beach. Once on the beach, make a left. By doing this you avoid the rough terrain in front of El Magnifico.They don't provide shampoo or conditioner but do provide soap. If you forget anything, Janet's supermarket is practically next door as is a pharmacy. There were two safes in our unit and each came with a separate key. They are secured to the wall. There is ample security on the premises; in fact the security guards were present and visable 24/7. We never felt unsafe. The refrigerator is stocked with water, sodas, beer etc. There is a coffee pot in the room and all the necessary utensils. Housekeeping is very good. You made a good choice. Two restaurants we would recommend are Malibrou. I believe that is the name. It is relatively new and is the large white tent you'll see on the beach. It's upscale Italian cuisine but reasonably priced. We also liked CasaNova (also fairly new) on the beach for a less fancy place along the beach. It's good for drinks and a good meal or just snacks. Both are within walking distance....and of course Dick's for breakfast which is a favorite of ours. Have fun!!!

cork2win

Jun 15, 2006
Thanks so much for the information!! We booked through Rimma too and are really looking forward to our stay. The pictures on their website look amazing and I've heard really great things so I'm sure it will be great. Thanks for the tips on the beach chairs and restaurants too. :)

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
the place to eat on cabarete beach is called LA CASITA>i have going for 12 years and there shrimp or langastinos are awesome.ASk about fresh fish also..IM telling all go and u will be satisfied.NO APPETIZETRS.main course is too much.