EL SUCIO de ME-ROD!!!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Wow!!!

What a difference a month makes!!!!

The Sux fans here suddenly have nothing to say about ME-Rod. I wonder why?

14.5....7.5 and counting................

What's that I hear? Feint coughing sounds......

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Whatever.

Haven't paid a bit of attention Mr. Loco. Long season.

There's more important baseball going on right now.

The College World Series started today, and I'm heading out to Omaha tomorrow to root on the University of Louisville.

One of my best friends that I played ball with in high school coaches for Louisville and recruited this entire team.

Please root for the Cardinals.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah right

what, you think old Roger is responsible ???

He's just along for the ride. They're winning because the top 3 pitchers are now healthy and pitching as expected, AND the offense has finally awoken.

Clemens is a nice 4th/5th starter at this stage, but a stopper or hero, he's not, nor expected to be. So far, he's done what was expected, in providing 2 quality starts, 6+ innings giving up 3 runs or less.

I think that Giambi's absence and Mientkiewicz's injury are huge parts of the lineup being more fluid. Cairo plays a very underrated 1B and is also contributing a lot offensively. He reminds me of the players from the 1996-2000 run, very unselfish and productive.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
The summer is back to normal in the AL East.

I think that Giambi's absence and Mientkiewicz's injury are huge parts of the lineup being more fluid. Cairo plays a very underrated 1B and is also contributing a lot offensively. He reminds me of the players from the 1996-2000 run, very unselfish and productive.
I agree. I think the offensive boost by "losing" Giambi and Menky has allowed the pitchers more breathing room. Damon's only value now is at DH, he doesn't have the health to be an OF anymore. They're looking good, welcome back into the race.

I couldn't help but notice the overwhelming amount of Sox hats in Omaha vs. Yankees hats. Means nothing, but I couldn't help but think of you when I saw the disparity.

Some pics from Omaha.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
What a difference a week makes.

What a difference a month makes!!!!

The Sux fans here suddenly have nothing to say about ME-Rod. I wonder why?

14.5....7.5 and counting................

What's that I hear? Feint coughing sounds......
Shut up, and shut up shuttin' up.