electric supply suitable for recharging equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
afternoon all

last year, the camera I brought with me powered from normal rechargeable AA betteries for which I brought a charger unit with me. However, I found that instead of taking up to 8 hours to fully charge 4x AA batteries as it always did in the UK, the charge light went off after about 30 minutes.... if I unplugged it for a while, then plugged it back again, it'd 'charge' for another 30 minutes then the light would go out again indicating they were 'charged'... however, the 'fully charged' battery life reduced drastically from being able to take 150-200 pictures to about 30. Back in the UK, the same set of batteries once again took 6-8 hours to fully 'charge' but the batteries life remains at just 30 or so pictures.

Obviously because of the wedding in September I've invested in a much better camera to bring over, and it has one those built in slimline batteries. At ?30 ($45) a pop to replace, I'm a bit worried about whether the lower voltage over there does have a detrimental effect on these sort of things? Can anyone advise?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
do you have an adapter? Remembering that this is 120 (so they say) volts and 60 cycle currency../???

I recharge all the time...no problems...

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.