Elly De La Cruz Uncorked the Fastest Throw in MLB History

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Meet the next great Dominican player you probably never heard of................This guy is 22 and hits towering homers, steals bases and whatever else is possible..............

Cincinnati Reds shortstop Elly De La Cruz is absolutely electric. He's on pace for a historic season at the plate and added a leadoff home run during the Cincinnati Reds' 5-2 win over the San Diego Padres on Monday. He also may have thrown a baseball harder than anyone has ever thrown a baseball in a Major League Baseball game.

Reactions: AlterEgo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
He was showing off and it caused an error. What a shocker.

He has the potential to be a great long term player. He has the skills for sure. If he stays healthy. Which these days seems unlikely for almost all baseball players.
Lots of flashes in the pan these days. Over trained or badly trained is what I can see as the reason.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
EDLC electrified MLB early last year, but ended up with a very weak 235 BA, and 144 strikeouts on 388 ABs.

I'm sure they're working on his pitch selection, too.

He's all the rage now; let's hope he's not another flash in the pan.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

MLB odds: Elly De La Cruz on pace for historic season, and his MVP odds are dropping​

Elly De La Cruz on a tear​

De La Cruz has been arguably the best player of the first month of the season.

He has 27 runs scored, eight homers, 19 RBI and a league-leading 18 stolen bases, and he's hitting a solid .279. That is impressive, but even more impressive when you put it in the context of a season-long pace.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
He is real good .. word is some news will be popping up abut him I hope I'm wrong...