Enough of dominican bashing.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Lambada said:
American Universities? oh OK, I understand totally! ;) Seriously, how can asking a question be 'bashing your credibility'? Please, don't be touchy. I am debating, not attacking. When I seek to attack, I'll let you know!
Nals, the purpose of sociology is to EXAMINE society, not to categorise it. The subject which 'categorises' is demography. Sociology seeks to shed further light by examination. One of the methods used may be classification, but not categorisation. It could be this is just a semantic difference & we both understand the same thing, I don't know, it is difficult to tell on a message board.
Thanks for the invite to stop by any university in the world.......but forgive me if I don't take action on it. I retired from teaching at one 12 years ago, so as they say.........been there, got the tee shirt. I won't tell you what my subject was................ ;)
Speak with Dr. Suanne Epstein at the University of Connecticut. She is a respected sociologist who teaches sociology at that university in the United States.

Go to www.uconn.edu for more info on how to contact her if you want.

Have a nice day!

BTW, 12 years is enough for ideas and beliefs to be overturned. Today's world is very different from the world 12 years ago and many things that were thought to be true are now considered to be incorrect. If you want a listing of all the sociologist that I know, I'll supply it at your request.

Escott, don't you have some gardens or hookers to attend? Just wondering...

Last edited:

kicker98

Sep 15, 2004
can take it anymore!

AZB said:
I will leave you folks alone if you stop stereo typing all dominicans. From reading your post alone in the thread you created, most visiting foreigners will think the domincians are all poor, resort workers, cheaters, uneducated and scam artists.
You must write down that you are only talking ablout the chopo puerto plata / sosua ghetto trash what you folks have come to know.
I am showing the other side of dominicans that most will not meet. What a shame.
AZB

AZB, the other side of Dominicans? The side that doesn't allow the country to grow as whole. Poor Dominicans are real decent people with respect and integrity and form part of what is called Dominican Republic. If you don't believe me look up the population of D.R. The people you referred to as not real Dominicans (the poor) may not be able to supply you with favors or material stuff, but it may surprise you how rich they are spiritually (your nose being so high, you woundn't know about this?). Be careful with heights, a fall can be devastating both physically and mentally. I am a Dominican who grew up poor and proud with great up-briniging, never asked for anything that was not mine or that I didn't work for. Hard work and dedication changed my life, but I continue with feet firmly on the ground with respect for all people regardless of their social or economic status.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Nal0whs said:
Speak with Dr. Suanne Epstein at the University of Connecticut. She is a respected sociologist who teaches sociology at that university in the United States.

Go to www.uconn.edu for more info on how to contact her if you want.

Have a nice day!

BTW, 12 years is enough for ideas and beliefs to be overturned. Today's world is very different from the world 12 years ago and many things that were thought to be true are now considered to be incorrect. If you want a listing of all the sociologist that I know, I'll supply it at your request.

Escott, don't you have some gardens or hookers to attend? Just wondering...
Nals,
So pleased you got back to me. Yes, indeed, we're having a nice civilised discussion here, no punches at all. An exchange of ideas & learning from each other, aren't we? I'm truly delighted at your interest in sociology & very impressed that you refer to a feminist such as Dr. Epstein. Don't think she is still at Connecticut but I could be wrong.
I would absolutely agree that 12 years is a long time out & I'm probably WAY out of date. Which leaves me curious as to why you would choose Cohen's book to quote from, since that was, if memory serves me right, published in 1989.........which is even longer ago than I left the profession.
And thank you, I'm having a wonderful day. ;) Hope you do, too.

TikkiTimbo

Nov 23, 2004
:confused: I haven't read through all of the replies but did anyone else notice that the author of this thread is himself "bashing" Dominicans (particulary "black whores" and "sankies")?

This is one of the most hypocritical, nonsensical pieces of trash I've read all week. :tired:

Just thought I'd point out the rampant classism and racism in his attempt to stand up for his people, "real Dominicans," whoever the f**k they are. :rolleyes:

Edit - Just read a few more posts and I have to give it to a few of you (Yan-Yan, paradise, etc.) for "holding it down."

Last edited:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Why even bring that up????

We should go to the board of the dopes and have some fun under different names like they do all over.

Escott

and what does this have to do with "dominican bashing" ?????????

Marlie (no matter what board I am on!!!!!)

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
marliejaneca said:
Then you go and call all poor Dominicans and North Coast Dominicans a bunch of nasty names - so who is doing the bashing now???
You are doing the same thing that got you so riled up in the first place! LOL

Although, in a roundabout way, I do agree with some of your points, you certainly could of worded them differently!

What I would like to know, is why foreigners go to live in or frequent the DR, only to critisize the Dominican people. They should feel lucky to be able to follow their dream of living in a tropical climate, and if they don't like the people then they should move elsewhere. Nobody is forcing them to stay, can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!!!!

I think the widespread lack of respect for the people and the country that allows them to stay and live in their country is reprehensible. I can't understand the mentality of people who think because they live in this country that everyone should bend over backwards for them, change their lifestyles to one that the foreigner feels is acceptable. It is the Dominicans' country, leave them alone, you are a guest in their country!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the attitudes and actions of these type of foreigners have caused more damage to this country and its people than any leader has ever done.

Hurrah! for Sankies...!

A

apostropheman

Escott said:
Have a safe trip my friend.

I don't feel better. Just responding to your post! LOL

Look forward to the meal and the company! I love ya no matter how crazy you are:) We should go to the board of the dopes and have some fun under different names like they do all over.

Escott

I suspect that I resemble that although I use the same handle here as there :eek:

thanks for the ride again and I'll hopefully see you in May!