Equal Women!!!!

I have a problem with the machismo ways men are towards women here. I guess a lot of men come here seeking that and enjoy it, I don't. My Wife is my equal. I just don't understand men coming here wanting a subservient women. Not Attractive to me at all. I like a woman with ideas of her own. Am I alone. It actually disgusts me the many posts where women should have no say on anything, just to cook and listen to everything the men say.
I know I will be torn apart by the many men who come here for women who will do what ever they want....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
u need to meet my dominican/swiss wife she is more than equal if u see what I mean!!!!! but wouldnt change her for anything.....

Dec 26, 2011
Anyone that's enjoyed a real relationship with a Dominican woman knows they're neither subservient nor submissive. They are strong, opinionated, stubborn and resilient. And that's what makes them so wonderful and so difficult.

In other words, for those looking to dominate or control a Dominican woman, the joke's on them.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
She loves explaining to family and friends that we share housework and cooking..... and I love saying that we share looking after conuco and painting the house..... (she is als8 very handy with a gun....)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I have a problem with the machismo ways men are towards women here. I guess a lot of men come here seeking that and enjoy it, I don't. My Wife is my equal. I just don't understand men coming here wanting a subservient women. Not Attractive to me at all. I like a woman with ideas of her own. Am I alone. It actually disgusts me the many posts where women should have no say on anything, just to cook and listen to everything the men say.
I know I will be torn apart by the many men who come here for women who will do what ever they want....

For that you have to go to the Middle or Far East, have you ever had a relationship with a Dominican woman?

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I consider my wife to be my equal, but I think a lot of that comes from what you expect to get out of the relationship as well. Also, it's not just some of the posters here. Unfortunately many Dominican men also think the woman should be submissive. It is hard for my wife to deal with men here sometimes, e.g. negotiating at a store, getting a bad phone bill corrected, etc. I, even as a gringo, can do better than her many times. And if not we can get my brother-in-law to easily get what we want. Her relatives all say it's because she's a woman and many men won't respect her as being able to do anything outside of the house.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Are you aware that an equal would imply an equally old lady?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Harley", you are lumping men, foreign, AND Dominican, who exploit Dominican prostitutes, with those of us, Foreign & Dominicans, who have "Stable", Loooooooooong term, marriages/relationships.
18 years a "Wedded BLISS?" for my Bride and me.
You will have to enlarge your circle of "Normal" Dominican families.
Where there is a mother, a father, and their children living together.
Dominican woman are masters of letting the husband, THINK he is "Large & In Charge", when in reality, it's the wife!
If getting a Dominican prostitute to accept a lower price for her "services" is exploiting women, GUILTY As Charged Your Honour"!
But my Dominican wife, and my Mother-In-Law, wear the "Pantalones" in this house!
My Father-In-Law and I just live here!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It is a sad commentary on Dominican Women when they are all lumped together as prostitutes. There are many more decent and family oriented women in the DR than there are "working girls." Many men living in the DR, especially many ex-pats have a hard time distinguishing between the difference. A lot of those guys would rather pay for play. They have no intention of actually having a serious relationship with any women. That is possible in the DR, but if you were in your home country you would probably be a very lonely guy.

LTSTeve

Mar 1, 2009
I think Mr Harleys needs to get out more and meet real people not these caricatures of MACHISMO he has imagined in that well meaning head of his. I don't see any SUBSERVIANT women in this country, these women are LOBAS. Your wife doesn't cook for you and makes you do the laundry? Ok that's fine, YOU can be the wife at times and she can be the MAN, hahahaha!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

i think this thread belongs to mars and venus forum, no?

but to answer your question, somehow... it always surprises me when people here enter a relationship with someone who is not, in one way or the other, their equal. that goes specifically for those who are with someone with much less knowledge/education. wtf? what is behind it? i understand banging some primitive, but actually date? puzzling.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm actually quite shocked that someone who actually has a dominican wife really think that the men who find women like these are actually in any sort of relationship. The words from many men speak volumes of a very much dysfunctional relatio ship with life. Open your eyes, don't listen to people, see for yourself. Do inican women are tough to get along with and they are anything but submissive, they are the most stubborn race I have ever come across. The men here are living in a fantasy when they say things about how they are in control. Any man can control a woman who's job it is to be submissive, that is what she does. But never relate that to a true relationship, that is more the kind of woman JMb hangs with!
I think you will find a true relationship, in a typical situation, the man is the more submissive just because he can't be arsed with the stubbornness of the wife. Mine can go for two weeks without speaking, just to make a point. Obviously these days I fold within 24 hours because I know it gets us nowhere, but stubborn?.... Phwoa, isn't the word.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
See what I mean, and the devious one isn't even Dominicana.

Really didnt not matter. I moderate both the Living and Mars forum.

Big bro is watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ok6uzndOmPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I'm actually quite shocked that someone who actually has a dominican wife really think that the men who find women like these are actually in any sort of relationship. The words from many men speak volumes of a very much dysfunctional relatio ship with life. Open your eyes, don't listen to people, see for yourself. Do inican women are tough to get along with and they are anything but submissive, they are the most stubborn race I have ever come across. The men here are living in a fantasy when they say things about how they are in control. Any man can control a woman who's job it is to be submissive, that is what she does. But never relate that to a true relationship, that is more the kind of woman JMb hangs with!
I think you will find a true relationship, in a typical situation, the man is the more submissive just because he can't be arsed with the stubbornness of the wife. Mine can go for two weeks without speaking, just to make a point. Obviously these days I fold within 24 hours because I know it gets us nowhere, but stubborn?.... Phwoa, isn't the word.

Dominican is NOT a race.

You wanted a Dominican wife and your wife wanted a British husband THE END!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Why concern yourself with another man's household??? It is not your place to tell a man how he treats his wife.