exotic car rental

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I see they have an R1 there CBoy. Insurance on this must be????????? How can that work, I hear it is almost impossible to hire bikes worth renting.

I think there is something that must give somewhere as far as bike rentals go, without silly insurance downpayments, where is that?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I see they have an R1 there CBoy. Insurance on this must be????????? How can that work, I hear it is almost impossible to hire bikes worth renting.

I think there is something that must give somewhere as far as bike rentals go, without silly insurance downpayments, where is that?
I doubt there is insurance-as we know it from NA or Europe-on the R1. The renter may ~say~ there is, but if you request a copy of the policy you'll find it doesn't cover squat....IF they let you see a copy.

We have been to literally every insurance company on the island on this issue with no success. And some want an outrageous amount for a modest bump in coverage, like US$1200 a year per bike for roughly US$30,000 in coverage...and that is just liability and not rider coverage or collission/theft...on a DL650, not an R1.

I cannot imagine turning over the keys to an R1 to somebody I don't know...

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I have used them more than once and would recommend them

If you have an Amex Gold or Platinum, you can sign up for their Premium Travel Protection which is 25 dollars per reservation and covers you up to 100k on any luxury car,boat or plane rental.