exploitation of minors and tourism

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
These things are no laughing matter. No one should even repeat those jokes. If there was a way to single out all of those pieces of crap and destroy them , I would do so willingly.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
These things are no laughing matter. No one should even repeat those jokes. If there was a way to single out all of those pieces of crap and destroy them , I would do so willingly.

these are sad realities of life, mitch. sometimes, reality is ugly.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Wow, tad harsh there Mitch. Not to repeat a thing in no way reduces or lessens the reality of what goes on in primitive culture. In the real world these guys go to prison for long sentences. In the third world, it's more like, oh, well. Look at how often parents are involved in selling their kids to foreigners. Sad reality.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Once upon a time, it was a thing to marry second cousins, to keep things white or out of confidence. Not only in DR, but most countries.

Los primos no se priman is the word now. It is not acceptable behaviour, but when you have poverty, booze, and the I dont care attitudes, these things happen.

And all the mujercitas , living in an un equal world that is DR, marrying a well off older guy is the only option.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

Just walk down the barrio's alleys and fire away.

In the DR people don't wait until 18 to have sex. And they don't need foreigners to start either.

Underage sex (with other underaged or older partners) is the norm here. Mostly consensual, sometimes not. Sometimes economics are involved sometimes other things like booze or drugs. Almost always locals give each other the first sexual experiences.

You may not like the joke about the virgin but it is the reality. If you want to shoot those who repeat it, then you really have your work cut out for you. 

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

In the DR people don't wait until 18 to have sex. And they don't need foreigners to start either.

Underage sex (with other underaged or older partners) is the norm here. Mostly consensual, sometimes not. Sometimes economics are involved sometimes other things like booze or drugs. Almost always locals give each other the first sexual experiences.

You may not like the joke about the virgin but it is the reality. If you want to shoot those who repeat it, then you really have your work cut out for you. 

Nor do teens in other countries. Sexual activity normally starts around age 12 or 13 with actual intercourse 14 or 15. This is worldwide.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Nor do teens in other countries. Sexual activity normally starts around age 12 or 13 with actual intercourse 14 or 15. This is worldwide.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010

The jokes makes light of what occurs and it seems as if it's fun or funny, that's the issue at hand. There is a difference between an anecdote and a joke. Jokes make fun of issues and anecdotes don't. Two underaged individuals having sex with each other is different than an adult sexually exploiting an underaged individual. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
From speaking to Dominicans that I know about young chics with older men, its normal.
Their general attitude towards it is,
"if you don't like it, don't do it however its really none of your business anyway.. "

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm simply repeating what I have been told.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
From speaking to Dominicans that I know about young chics with older men, its normal.
"if you don't like it, don't do it however its really none of your business anyway.. "

Preaty much. 
How it is I still sometimes feel to young for some girls. Thy want my dad.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

....EXACTLY............

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Have been reading the comments with interest , most are made from a Caucasian aspect . Just some of my own personal insight of underage sex. 1 I used to teach as a volunteer at several schools here and at one school ,I had to teach only boys because of all the open propositions made to me by girls from 12 and upwards .The children at the schools were having sex together at an extremely young age again about 13 onwards. 2 Incest is a great problem in poor rural areas ..I remember driving on the Higuey to El Seibo road and seeing young children with their babies on the side of the road and wondering who could possibly be the father in such isolated places. 3Promiscuity is not a valued principle here and I have a very nice caddy who at the age of 26 has 4 children from 4 different girls and is not married. I do not think exploitation of young children by tourists is widespread in the DR but very much isolated to a few places..probably those already mentioned . I do not know how these dirty old men know of these places but you really do see low class tourists at las Americas airport . The Government can do very little about under age sex ..it is part of the DR as much as aggressive driving . If I were the police I would concentrate on Boca Chica and Sosua but the gangs operating the girls probably pay the police off ..other wise it would have died ages ago

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
on related note, the new attorney general seems to be concern about the exploitation of minors on a local level too and recently talked about prosecuting both the perpetrators and the parents of children/teens who are in sexual relationships with adults:
https://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...inas-EA7828314

My own opinion is the law in Panama would fit fine in the DR. All sex workers have to have a weekly check up with a doctor, and if they have any infection in their body they cannot be out looking for customers. They have to have their sex worker card with them while on the street, and it has their age and picture on it. The male customer is required to ask the girl for her card. If he doesn't he can go to jail just for that. But if she has a card she is old enuff to be out working.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
My own opinion is the law in Panama would fit fine in the DR. All sex workers have to have a weekly check up with a doctor, and if they have any infection in their body they cannot be out looking for customers. They have to have their sex worker card with them while on the street, and it has their age and picture on it. The male customer is required to ask the girl for her card. If he doesn't he can go to jail just for that. But if she has a card she is old enuff to be out working.

DR has already gone along that track ...the girls with infections simply work at the discoteques