exploitative to go to the DR to hookup? curious to hear opinions of Dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Kahn

Oct 23, 2016
Oh yeah, you're going to get all sorts of responses here as you've set yourself up as a human lightning rod.

Haha, I'm getting that sense. I appreciate your feedback though, as well as that of others. I don't have a problem with paying for girls' **** if they're being nice enough to let me sleep with them. But it sounds like you're saying there's a transactional quality to nearly all relationships here, which does beg the question if I'm making an artificial distinction by saying I'm looking for relationships with non-prostitutes. That's a good point. And I hear your point re HIV risk too.

Daniel,

Your overthinking this. Come down, treat everyone with the respect they deserve, and let nature take its course. If it leads to intercourse, proceed with caution. Keep quiet about your finances, assets, etc. *You sound like your intelligent enough to realize when your being taken advantage of. In the grand scheme of things, relationships come and go and the smart people learn from everyone and don't repeat the same mistakes. Every relationship is a life lesson and I'm not just talking about sexual relationships. It's better to learn them sooner than later in life. In the past I dated a range of DR women. The most comfortable relationships I had were with educated women who had good jobs, had a sense of independence, and weren't afraid of responsibility. Those women are hard to find on the streets of Sosua. In places like Santo Domingo or Santiago where there are universities, hospitals, government offices, etc. you have a better chance of meeting a woman with a decent education and job. Consider spending time in those places. At the very least, it will give you a better sense of Dominican history and culture and you can improve your Espa?ol while your there.*

This is also a good point that I appreciate. In the past I've enjoyed trips and had enjoyable relationships with women where the trip itself wasn't *all* about women/getting laid so much as learning about the culture, etc. Maybe if I just go to Santo Domingo and enroll in some Spanish/salsa school and don't focus so much on the girl aspect (Tinder may not be the best approach), I'd be more likely to meet girls naturally and not worry so much about whether there's an exploitative aspect.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's perfectly ok to come here and ?????? local girls. don't listen to bitter old hags who want to make it a moral decision. let your peen guide you and enjoy your stay. you are merely purchasing the merchandise available. it's a transaction not an ethical dilemma.

Last edited by a moderator:

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
This is also a good point that I appreciate. In the past I've enjoyed trips and had enjoyable relationships with women where the trip itself wasn't *all* about women/getting laid so much as learning about the culture, etc. Maybe if I just go to Santo Domingo and enroll in some Spanish/salsa school and don't focus so much on the girl aspect (Tinder may not be the best approach), I'd be more likely to meet girls naturally and not worry so much about whether there's an exploitative aspect.

In which case do not go to Santo Domingo, Santiago, the North Coast, the East Coast, Samana or any tourist areas. Find some interest travel related and get into some less travelled (by gringos) parts of the country and you will avoid many of the traps preplanned by street wise ladies and could engage with local Dominican women in the manner you seem to wish and can date them with benefits for both.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you are a loser in the states, the only girls you will get here are after your money. Think about it....
Hot young girls don't automatically go after an ugly old gringo for no reason. It's amazing the guys who think they are hot stuff now that they are here. I love watching it, very fascinating. *

I don't believe he said he was either old or ugly. Seems to me he has his eyes wide open with no illusions.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you are a loser in the states, the only girls you will get here are after your money. Think about it....
Hot young girls don't automatically go after an ugly old gringo for no reason. It's amazing the guys who think they are hot stuff now that they are here. I love watching it, very fascinating. *

Hardley, what is wrong with an old guy getting a little NSA snapper once in a while?

Daniel Kahn

Oct 23, 2016
In which case do not go to Santo Domingo, Santiago, the North Coast, the East Coast, Samana or any tourist areas. Find some interest travel related and get into some less travelled (by gringos) parts of the country and you will avoid many of the traps preplanned by street wise ladies and could engage with local Dominican women in the manner you seem to wish and can date them with benefits for both.

My last trip there I went to the North coast and Santiago, on the North coast I definitely saw how much of a thing prostitution is. But, as to Santiago or Santo Domingo, I get that they have these "street wise ladies", but aren't they also the places most likely to have career-oriented women making some money/in less of an economically desperate situation? It seems like if I go to some part of the country that barely gets visited by tourists, if anything there might be more of an idealization of foreigners/less potential for a gratifying relationship that doesn't feel exploitative.

I don't believe he said he was either old or ugly. Seems to me he has his eyes wide open with no illusions.
I'm not - I'm a 27 year old guy whose decent looking. I'm mainly just introverted living in a city of extroverts (NYC) and so it's nice to go somewhere where certain attributes work to my advantage. no illusions.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I'm not - I'm a 27 year old guy whose decent looking. I'm mainly just introverted living in a city of extroverts (NYC) and so it's nice to go somewhere where certain attributes work to my advantage. no illusions.

Good for you.

This prostitution talk is over.

Good luck and wear condoms.

BTW, give the regular ladies a chance.

Over and out Don Juan from NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.