Extended Range of Your Wireless Network

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have a wifi that covers all the house and, accordingly to my mobile it does even reach outside (my android list it on wifi network when i am on the street). but i connect with no problems in entire house.
we have two linksys routers: one provided dominican network and one has american IP.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I personally prefer running Ethernet to every room in the household. It shouldn't be too painful to buy a 100-foot spool, some metal piping to contain it outdoors, and drill holes into the property where the cabling would enter. Weatherproof the entries with DapTex or some other silicon-based sealant.

Not only does that ensure full duplex 100MB bandwidth to every workstation, but it takes away likely sources of interference that typically happen with RF transmission.

I guess you haven't been around that many DR houses :)
I would need to channel out all the walls in my apartment and office to do this.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I guess you haven't been around that many DR houses :)
I would need to channel out all the walls in my apartment and office to do this.

I was going to say the same Robert, hard to bury wires in concrete walls.
Using those self-sticking plastic wiring channels get ugly, and the glue lets go after a while, making it necessary to drill and screw them to the walls.

Also if one has 220v service, some rooms on one side of the 220v and other rooms on the other side of the 220v, I thought the units had to be on the same 110v side, If true, those rooms on the opposite side would not work. Maybe they have overcome that handicap.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I was going to say the same Robert, hard to bury wires in concrete walls.
Using those self-sticking plastic wiring channels get ugly, and the glue lets go after a while, making it necessary to drill and screw them to the walls.

Also if one has 220v service, some rooms on one side of the 220v and other rooms on the other side of the 220v, I thought the units had to be on the same 110v side, If true, those rooms on the opposite side would not work. Maybe they have overcome that handicap.

I also seem to remember that the Powerline adaptors need to be in the same electrical group and in the same phase... otherwise they might not work

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I also seem to remember that the Powerline adaptors need to be in the same electrical group and in the same phase... otherwise they might not work
Whatever that plug is connected to in the main bus will work.