Feel Good Story of the Day

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Just had that in the US.... old tires/out of date..... There was quite a difference on the new ones - the ride
They 7 yrs on the car.... mfg date ? Unknown....

I got a great deal for one of my DR cars recently (Tire Rack maybe--- or Simple Tire)
Blowout Pirelli sale $95 each.... for sure they're a bit older.... as in 'OLD'

In my area, tires don't last long

Was at a shop this AM in Nagua... saw them hammering bent rims from potholes....out of round

Blow torch to heat then a huge hammer...
The steel can't be as strong after that

The rim had 2 big ones... dents
The tires I bought at Pricesmart were from mar 2022. Probably the last set I'll buy for the Prado.

I've seen them straighten just about everything here, including the rims that come on new vehicles. Really nasty bends. As long as they end up straight, they think they're OK.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Clap your hands --- Revival time

My fridge of 6yrs or so has decided to cool when it wants...... not when I want
Freezer?... no problem

I asked around and thought an Inverter type would be good..... LG & Samsung have 10 yr guarantees

Normally, I endorse importing major appliances but this 10yr deal got me
Plus, I was assured by people here that it was cheaper..... it was !!

Went to Nagua today - L&R....

Samsung was on sale... 100K DOP
Talked them down to 95 then they asked for 93 if I paid cash !!!
Not a chance !!!

The one (of two) on the floor had a small ding on it.... so small they tried to remove it by rubbing their thumb on it

I had to teach them about 'scratch & dent' pricing...... 90 now

OK - 90... with free delivery
Mine is kaput.... so delivery is important..... before noon tomorrow, they promise

I go to the car 'Snap a Cap of Red Cap' in celebration....
A man runs out .... can't deliver tomorrow, it's a holiday..... will this afternoon be OK ??

OK OK OK..... yes .....

What a morning.....

Had I not scraped my car on the way home.... it would have been perfect !!!
Think twice about LG only there service techs can buy parts no one else curbed a 3 yr old LG dishwasher because of it..service queen..

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Think twice about LG only there service techs can buy parts no one else curbed a 3 yr old LG dishwasher because of it..service queen..
If it's still laying around..... lots of LG parts available on searspartsdirect.com

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Unfortunately I did look limited parts only basic simple parts :( I need main IC board kept blowing under warranty also 2x so dumped her…
For future reference, appliancepartspros.com has even more parts than searspartsdirect.com

I'm guessing your machine didn't like power variations.. lol

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
For future reference, appliancepartspros.com has even more parts than searspartsdirect.com

I'm guessing your machine didn't like power variations.. lol
Haha! No it didn’t, either did microwave…microwave became possessed and started turning on and off buy itself…put voltage regulator outside house line(onion called here no issues)

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Haha! No it didn’t, either did microwave…microwave became possessed and started turning on and off buy itself…put voltage regulator outside house line(onion called here no issues)
Get yourself some of those line protectors I've talked about. They allow for a very small amount of voltage variance before completely cutting off the flow of electricity.
I've used them for years and have never had an issue with power surges since I first started using them 25 years ago.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Now we need a feel good story of the day to get this thread back on track! LOL

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Now we need a feel good story of the day to get this thread back on track! LOL

I was thinking the same so I'll post mine. Back in 2017 when I visited for my second (or maybe first) time I stayed in the CZ. I went to the little park there during the day and while sitting, my passport dropped out on the ground and of course being the clueless dork that I am, I didn't know until that night. I went out the next day and asked the tourist police and someone overheard me and told me "the coffee guy" found a passport. The person that overheard me took me on a moto to the coffee guy's house where I retrieved my passport. I was so beyond grateful. At this point I hadn't retired so if I could not have gotten back to work on time it would not have been a good thing.

In any case, while I probably took a year or 2 off my life worrying, I think I rewarded the 2 guys with a total of 3000 pesos (2k for the coffee guy). I was so happy to get it back.