Fighting Cocks At Sosua Beach

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
I go to the fights all the time. My girls uncles have about 10 good cocks. 2 very good cocks. They are like KINGS. Eat very good food get B12 shots,ect. They came here from the Spanish. A pure breed will have yellow legs. The weight is around 2lbs. they do not get very big like cocks in the U.S.A. The cost for one with good blood is about 4000 to 5000 peso. They are not good eating. People with very little money will go to the fights and get the losers to make soup. Or at least that is what I see and was told. Everyone bets on the fights. As a other post wrote you bet a lot of important people at the fights. I have bet against the Mayor of San Predro and the Captain of the police is always showing me is new cocks lol

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
What do the Brugals, Ochoas, and people of that class in the clubs in Santiago and Santo Domingo pay?

I was told by alot of people. One of the big drug dealers paid 300,000. peso for a cock that won 14 fights. A lot of friends of mine say it is true maybe yes maybe no. We have one that fought Saturday and won, that puts him at 8 wins..

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
My best customer in DR. Sold them a bunch of systems. Last I went in santo domingo they were still using graphics I had done years ago. I have seen people bet a million pesos on a rooster more than once. . .

Pretty common in the DR

[video=vimeo;51428118]https://vimeo.com/51428118[/video]

May 29, 2006
Even I feel some guilt that it takes three chickens to make the dozen wings that I have with a couple beers(you get four per bird when they're cut into sections). Odd that wings used to be sold for soup stock, and now they cost more per pound than boneless skinless breasts.

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
I go to the fights all the time. My girls uncles have about 10 good cocks. 2 very good cocks. They are like KINGS. Eat very good food get B12 shots,ect. They came here from the Spanish. A pure breed will have yellow legs. The weight is around 2lbs. they do not get very big like cocks in the U.S.A. The cost for one with good blood is about 4000 to 5000 peso. They are not good eating. People with very little money will go to the fights and get the losers to make soup. Or at least that is what I see and was told. Everyone bets on the fights. As a other post wrote you bet a lot of important people at the fights. I have bet against the Mayor of San Predro and the Captain of the police is always showing me is new cocks lol

What I saw was the kids who help put the spurs on would take them home hanging from a stick. For soup, they would be fine. It's not like the normal chickens we eat are chemical free.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What circus are you going to? Kids putting the spurs on in a money match?

the spurs are attached by the owners and then scrutinized by the officials for length and depth. A loose spur is actually more likely to break the leg of the gladiator than anything else. Even in San Pedro, for a half decent beast you look at RD15,000. When you start to get televised is when the costs go mad. These g
gladiators are not left in the hands of children. The cost of the beast rises are the beast gains weight through numerous bouts, if the beast looses weight, it looses buck, simple. If it gets retired and has done well, it will have a good life.
Even in San Pedro I've seen guys betting hundreds of thousands of pesos and a 30 second disablement, which IMO is a.ways a win win situation.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It's not like the normal chickens we eat are chemical free.

No, but you are not likely to break a tooth on a free range bird. The size of the bones on these beasts are about twice or three times thicker, the meat is dry, not unlike kid goat after being BBQed, frinkin tough as a cheap whores titties. The bone growth medication they often use is something they often treat young falidamide new horns with, and other potent stuff. The stuff our supermarket chickens are fed are legalized and policed, animal blood sports are not, unless you go into real hard core dog fighting, when we see hundreds of thousands of euros changing hands.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
the only thing that can turn the POP economy around is a robust injection of foreign exchange, and people like Americans are not going to be attending cockfights in droves. that is a society that loves its animals, and treats them well. you do time for mistreating animals in the USA. just ask Michael Vick. in the DR, kids throw rocks at dogs, and consider it fun. not so in North America.

Sometime back I made comment about " I hate cockfights" and Nals or Pichardo replied " Cock fighting is big in Puerto Rico are you sure you are part Puerto Rican" This is why I love so called educated Dominicans so much LOL. Cockfighting goes ALL THE WAY BACK to slavery days. African slaves were the "handlers" for the masters birds, but was never paid for all the money made during these so called "cockfights" if you look back at the movie "Roots" and the man "Chicken George" will explain how important cock fighting was in the south during slavery.

I am so glad my mother married a Puerto Rican instead of a Dominican because say what you want about Puerto Ricans they all have THEIR own mind. All Puerto Ricans don't listen to salsa, all Puerto Ricans don't play baseball, all Puerto Ricans don't like Daddy Yankee and all Puerto Ricans don't enjoy cockfights, but Dominicans "MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO"

I have witness men like Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy "Hitman" Hearns, Marvin Hagler, the late great Hector "Macho" Camacho, Mike Tyson, Felix Trinidad, Oscar de la Hoya, saw tape of The Greatest of all time( his name is not needed we know who he is) Roy Jones Jr and so many more. How can I sit and watch these true artist in a battle of skills and excellence and then go somewhere and watch some DAMN birds with BEAKS and Feathers fight like I am watching the infamous " Leonard Hagler fight.

You know why Dominicans will NEVER be great boxers??? because fighting a woman and training birds to fight will only get their ass KNOCK OUT when they want to battle a real man in the ring.

I have gambled on dice, sporting events, lottery, and slot machines, but there is now way in hell I am going to bet on something with feathers and a beak.

Anybody that sits and watch to animals battle like Tyson in the 80's and part of the 90's and find enjoyment in it IMO they went wrong somewhere in life.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I witness the Chicago Bulls beat the POWERHOUSE Miami Heat and end their 27 game win streak and just last night I watch Louisville girls basketball team knock off the unbeatable Baylor Bears with a very good and TALL Brittney Griner.

These are events you can find enjoyment in no matter the outcome, but watching two animals fight FOR NO REASON other then to entertain some humans I find sick. Birds and dogs were not placed on this planet so people can feel good about themselves for a change and having one animal kill another for SPORT.

My message to all men that cockfight. Pick up a basketball or put on some boxing gloves, or football pads, and settle your manhood on the field, court, or ring. BE A REAL MAN AND YOU FIGHT, why let a feathery friend like a bird help you feel like a man and allow you to go home and look at your wife or woman in the face for a change because she know you are as mess up as the people placing money on these animals with beaks, you think these birds enjoy being carved up because your parents rasied some FU*KED UP ASS man?? scatch that your mother raised some FUC* ED UP ASS MAN, because we all know your fathers had better things to do then help raise his own son.

I am DONE:mad: