First Class

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Hey, I respect opinions. Even if I don’t agree with them.

Looking for 1st class living in a 3rd world Caribbean half island / Country is kinda like an oxymoron.

But I digress…

Keep on looking!
For !st class living.........just go to playa Dorado and pay a monthly rate at Colonial House, and thats as good as it gets on the noth coast.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I met a young lady once while sitting in first class that for 3 plus hours that never stopped talking about her family's wealth, and the companies they owned. As the plane was flying over Bermuda and about to land she asked me what did I do for a living. I told her I do not work, and to look out the window and every house and building that has a white roof my dad owns. The look on her face was priceless as all she could see out the window was over 20,000 white slated roofs. :ROFLMAO:

I think everyone has a different definition of what first class is, the key word being class.

Reactions: Buzz65

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
For someone who's been a member here for 7 years you sure are a quick learner.
Yah, well, I only traveled the south coast because I heard how bad the north was, so I never ventured there. 🤷‍♂️

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
Yah, well, I only traveled the south coast because I heard how bad the north was, so I never ventured there. 🤷‍♂️
Not true. I’m always in the north of the country and I love it. ( not talking about Puerto Plata or Sosua) Jarabacoa is absolutely beautiful and has some great restaurants, Bonao, La Vega, Salcedo, Tenares, Macorís and of course Santiago have wonderful places to eat and visit and the people are super friendly and let’s be honest, the best looking and I mean gorgeous Women are in El Cibao…

Santiago in my opinion is way better to live than the Capital. Much cleaner, organized,great looking people, tons of nightlife and restaurants and lots to do.

The North / El Cibao is the true essence of The Dominican Republic, if you guys believe that beach towns is what make The DR, you’re truly missing out on this country BIG TIME!

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
beautiful view!! Very average food.
Not sure what you had to eat but the times I’ve been there I truly enjoyed my meals, the Deserts and the service.

I guess it’s all objective.

My overall experience was good, I won’t say it’s the best but definitely not “average “ in my opinion.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Not sure what you had to eat but the times I’ve been there I truly enjoyed my meals, the Deserts and the service.

I guess it’s all objective.

My overall experience was good, I won’t say it’s the best but definitely not “average “ in my opinion.
great deserts for sure. Food is a C-.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think that the only place in the country that gets close to business class is Santo Domingo and only then if you have money. I'm talking about safety, access to first world standard services and shops, access to healthcare, entertainment, the overall quality of life compared to living in a city in a developed country. On all of those measures the north coast scores very badly. Yes the traffic in SD is terrible and no there isn't a beach.

I don't think anywhere in DR gets to first class standard. Premium economy on the north coast in my opinion would be parts of Cabarete and parts of Sosúa and Las Terrenas if we are allowed to include that in the north coast.

Reactions: Buzz65

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
First Cab, business pop, economy sosewer
Cab First? For what reason? All the expats?
Not true. I’m always in the north of the country and I love it. ( not talking about Puerto Plata or Sosua) Jarabacoa is absolutely beautiful and has some great restaurants, Bonao, La Vega, Salcedo, Tenares, Macorís and of course Santiago have wonderful places to eat and visit and the people are super friendly and let’s be honest, the best looking and I mean gorgeous Women are in El Cibao…

Santiago in my opinion is way better to live than the Capital. Much cleaner, organized,great looking people, tons of nightlife and restaurants and lots to do.

The North / El Cibao is the true essence of The Dominican Republic, if you guys believe that beach towns is what make The DR, you’re truly missing out on this country BIG TIME!
Since when does Jarabacoa, Bonao, La Vega, Salcedo, Tenares, Macoris and Santiago belong to North COAST? Do any of these cities have a coast? :unsure:

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
Cab First? For what reason? All the expats?

Since when does Jarabacoa, Bonao, La Vega, Salcedo, Tenares, Macoris and Santiago belong to North COAST? Do any of these cities have a coast? :unsure:
Yea, I missed that “coast” part and noticed it after my reply…. I was referring to the North part of the island. Tried to delete my reply but it was to late… my mistake!

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
As far as the north coast is concerned, which city (or cities) would be First Class, Business Class, and Economy Class?
From a humble Dominican perspective (middle, upper middle class)

First class:
- Punta Cana
- Santiago
- Jarabacoa
- Puntarena

Business class:
- Distrito Nacional
- Santiago
- Licey/Moca

Economy class:
- La Vega
- San Francisco
- Bani
- Mao

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Life is what you make it. For me, living in Jamao is first class, even though we have intermittent electricity and water, no restaurants and mostly uneducated Dominicans who can neither read nor write.

However, we have fresh air, great vistas, rivers and waterfalls, kind people who are ready to help at the drop of a hat. Farm animals. Frequent rain showers. The smell of wood cooking food on a fogón . No traffic. No traffic lights. Kids still playing with old tires and making kites from trash bags. Playing baseball with a stick and a stone and in bare feet or flip flops.

This is the simple life. And, to me, THIS is first class!
Speaking of smoke - last night my neighbor's Haitian helper decided it was a good idea at 8 PM to stage a book burning by lighting a bonfire in the road and burning about 30 hard cover books.
The rancid smoke wasn't blowing into my house but it was going directly into my neighbors houses. The flames were about 6' high and it was blazing.
I told him it was stupid to burn books and if he didn't want then just throw them in the trash.
This morning one of the pages on the ground was unburned was from and golf instruction book. Who burns a golf book?
A lot of people's brains have not developed!

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
From a humble Dominican perspective (middle, upper middle class)

First class:
- Punta Cana
- Santiago
- Jarabacoa
- Puntarena

Business class:
- Distrito Nacional
- Santiago
- Licey/Moca

Economy class:
- La Vega
- San Francisco