First Time in Sosua and RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montrealo

Jan 6, 2011
Hey Montrealo, we are two guys from Sweden who also are there about the same time as you guys. We will be staying at a half-pension in Cabarete but from what I've heard most of the fun is in Sosua and also the beach there is super nice.

I am also a fan of "carwashes" like Teraza Caribe and La Canita and so on.

Perhaps we could hook up some time...take a beer...share some taxis and other?

If you wanted my phone number you should have write <<two girls from Sweden>>... :cheeky:

Looks like there is good chance to find us around the pool table on Calle David Stern... (see previous post)

MuchoMachoMuchacho

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks Snoozer & Web for the infos

So far, your suggestions are:

Pool tables:
- Latinos (closed)
- Eddy's (closed)
- La Rumba
- Secreats
- La Roca
- Life bar

Secrets is the only one that I know of on your list above that has a pool table. The other option is (fittingly) Plan B which is a bar right beside Scotia Bank. They have a pool table.

Best place for happy hour ? ....

What kind? Classicos has great happy hours between 2AM and 4AM. If you're looking for the other kind of happy hour, I'd suggest The Hideaway, Brittania or Cafe Cubano.

Best place for local crowd ? ....

What kind of local crowd? Picking up non-pro women or having a beer? If it's to pick up women, PM me. If it's to have a beer, don't bother.

Best place for expat crowd ? ....

Depends on your crowd. Go for a walk on Pedro Clisante and pick your poison. Cafe Cubano, Brittania and Jolly Ranchers. There's not many good spots off the beaten trail, if you get sick of Pedro Clisante and want to have lunch and a beer with ex pats try going to Cabarete, Kahunas and LAX are options I'd recommend. Easier to meet people at Kahunas if you sit at the bar, but LAX is good too.

Live Music:
- Car wash (closed ?)
- Campito Bar (Playa Dorado)
- Rancho Tipico (Puerto Plata)
[/QUOTE]

Puerto Plata for live latin music, but if you want anything else go to Cabarete IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.