First Time to Boca Chica

ATLien

Apr 19, 2007
My brother and I are taking a trip to Boca Chica for a few days. I wanted to know if anyone has the real "lowdown" on the place. Should we take a cab to Santo Dom? Should we stay mainly in B.C. We are staying at the Don Emilio Hotel on the beach. Anyone know anything about it? Best place to party? where are the chicas (best looking)................. Any travel tips?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My brother and I are taking a trip to Boca Chica for a few days. I wanted to know if anyone has the real "lowdown" on the place. Should we take a cab to Santo Dom? Should we stay mainly in B.C. We are staying at the Don Emilio Hotel on the beach. Anyone know anything about it? Best place to party? where are the chicas (best looking)................. Any travel tips?
Boca Chica is closer to SDQ airport than Santo Domingo and you can get there by cab in 10 minutes or so.
The downtown area is tiny and you will only need 30 minutes to figure out your ideal party place.
Some of the chicas are quite professional about separating you from your wallet and/or jewelery, so be wise and secure.
Do not carry documents with you, nor large amounts of money, and do not leave valuables lying around in your rooom if you intend on having guests.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the beach is pretty decent, the restaurants are good and not much as far as the club scene. everything is mostly on calle duarte (maybe everything) as far as the nightlife. the street is blocked off at night and you basically sit in the middle of the street. you can easily catch a guagua to SDQ at the park pretty cheap but as stated a cab would be good also. BC is a small town but the people are friendly and it's relatively safe at night due to an outstanding presence of tourist police. you may get different opinions of the chica scene.

as Rocky said, precaution and prevention.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Boca Chica?

Boca Chica is a small little town with a nice beach and a good home base for the South Coast. If this is your first trip to the DR and you are only looking for the beautiful women to party with, than Boca Chica will probably not be for you. Those who have grown a love for BC and SD have made numerous trips to the DR. When you no longer want to see the DR as a sexual paradise and just want to see the beauty of the country, the loving, caring people, than you will begin to understand the DR is a wonderful place.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
On business I stay in Jaun Dolio but I was thinking ahead for vacation to stay at the Zapata hotel at it is close to friends. Any advice? Would the Don Emilio be better?

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic

when u going to boca chica?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I hear what you are saying. I own a home in Boca Chica and have been going there with my family for over 10 years and have never had a problem or heard of anyone having a problem with the water. Like I said before he should wait until Monday. He had blood drawn from him. Lets see what the docter says.I have never heard of anyone ever getting what he got from the waters of Boca Chica. This guy could have caught some strain of a std. We are talking about Boca Chica. If this guy gets a std do you think he will let people know that he got one? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I hear what you are saying. I own a home in Boca Chica and have been going there with my family for over 10 years and have never had a problem or heard of anyone having a problem with the water. Like I said before he should wait until Monday. He had blood drawn from him. Lets see what the docter says.I have never heard of anyone ever getting what he got from the waters of Boca Chica. This guy could have caught some strain of a std. We are talking about Boca Chica. If this guy gets a std do you think he will let people know that he got one? I doubt it.
I didn't realize you had a home there and certainly did not want to offend you in any manner.
You know that I'm not an environment expert, nor am I well informed on South coast matters.
Here's a brief of my info.
I used to travel through San Pedro De Macoris, 2 or 3 times per week, and would almost gag at the smell of the water while crossing the bridge.
Some odd 8 years ago, I was waiting for an early morning coffee on the main street in Boca Chica, before hitting the road for Sosua.
I picked up a newspaper on the counter, and found a story quoting government warnings about swimming there.
A variety of skin diseases had been mentioned, including genital diseases.
I jokingly said to the restaurant owner, a middle aged Dominican, that the article couldn't be good for business, and he replied that he hadn't and wouldn't stick his big toe in that water for the last 5 years.
As I am aware of the current going from East to West, I always assumed that the pollution came from the SPDM port.
That is the extent of my knowledge.
I believe that someone recently hinted that things have improved, although I have no actual data.
As you live and swim there, you would surely be more updated on the status of the water, than I am.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The smell near the bridge is not from the river Higuamo.
But it is methanegas from a marsh nearby.
I wasn't aware of the marsh, but I can tell you that at that time, I did go down to the river/ocean/port area, and it stank like the dickens.
That was many years ago, and I am told that it has since improved.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yes, i'm VERY interested in that guy's situation on his infection. i hope i find out before i leave on wednesday for BC. either stay out of the water or carry inner tubes for condones....

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
The Zapata is not a good choice. There is lots of bad press on the Zapata.

The Don Emilio is much better.

In all fairness, I will say that I stayed at the Zapata, and had a very bad experience, so you may consider my opinion to be biased, but so is everyone else's who has had a bad experience there, and there are lots of them.

I have never stayed at the Zapata but as you stated the bad reviews on the Zapata made my choice the DonEmilio and had a great stay there in Boca Chica. Right on the beach and the best part of that beach as far as I am concerned. I have many friends in Boca Chica and they agree with the Zapata not being the best choice. But in all honesty I have never stayed there but took the advice of this Board and went to the DonEmilio. I and my mother who is a senior had a 2 weeks, and we had a really good experience!!

patch45

Mar 26, 2002

they find you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
If i hear one mor thing about that guy with the rash (WHO DIDNT BATHE FOR THREE DAYS!!!) i will scream!

I was in the Capital a week ago today...i must have walked around for a good 5 hours before getting to my hotel room. Trust me...with all that walking and the humidity...I found myself with some rather tender parts. Should i blame that on the air quality of Santo Domingo?

For real tho...re the water in boca chica. WHen i got there last tuesday there was a FUNK in the air. It wasnt just the ocean..but it was also in the shower water etc. This guy on the beach explained to me that the ocean has its "period" too! lol...omg..TMI!!!

anyhoo..that was on tuesday...it was REALLY hot..and no breazas..things were kinda stagnant...no problem the rest of the week tho.