Flights from Puerto Plata to UK, via Germany

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thank you, drstock, yes I think this is the best option, too. Heathrow is better than Stansted for me, but I find on the return journey they only allow you 50 minutes in Cologne to change flights. Although you don't need to retrieve your luggage, I think this is cutting it too fine, especially as I hope to travel with my husband who won't have a European passport. I did see one option to fly into Heathrow and leave via Stansted but that seems to have disappeared. I am having to wait for his visa outcome before I book flights, so I'm hoping there will still be some left by then. Really appreciate your help. Yes, I noticed those better seats had gone out of the options.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Eurowings have no flights from POP to LON after 27 Oct. (not even in the next year) , I hope they come back at some point....

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
TUI will start to fly from POP to Brussels, but of course that isn't a through flight, will have to buy a separate flight to London. I did hear Eurowings were changing their airports in Germany and may resume again, but don't know when.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Thank you, drstock, yes I think this is the best option, too. Heathrow is better than Stansted for me, but I find on the return journey they only allow you 50 minutes in Cologne to change flights. Although you don't need to retrieve your luggage, I think this is cutting it too fine, especially as I hope to travel with my husband who won't have a European passport. I did see one option to fly into Heathrow and leave via Stansted but that seems to have disappeared. I am having to wait for his visa outcome before I book flights, so I'm hoping there will still be some left by then. Really appreciate your help. Yes, I noticed those better seats had gone out of the options.

I live close to Heathrow and the last couple of years I have always flown Eurowings LHR to POP, the last time at Easter. I am returning later in June and also think the new time allowed to change flights of 50 minutes is too short, so am flying from Stansted this time, which allows 2.5 hours to change flights.

SkyScanner are currently showing a Eurowings flight POP - LHR, STN - POP from 11/9 to 25/9 at a cost of £445 although this does not include hold luggage or a meal. This was using SkyScanner on my iPad, and I have found searches using an app on my iPhone or iPad sometimes give different results to using a web site. And of course the results do vary from day to day and hour to hour.

Good luck.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
TUI will start to fly from POP to Brussels, but of course that isn't a through flight, will have to buy a separate flight to London. I did hear Eurowings were changing their airports in Germany and may resume again, but don't know when.
you can always take the Eurostar train to london 2 hours.  You just have to cross brussels to get to the terminal

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
you can always take the Eurostar train to london 2 hours.  You just have to cross brussels to get to the terminal

Not possible for my husband without applying for more visas but a good option if I travel alone. Thank you.