Foolish dog question but I need to know

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Naw I did not take offense, I know what this site is like and all of the jokers I have been guilty of making fun too of a couple folks. I come on here regularly for my laughs. Actually he has senstive skin and has to be on an all fish diet which is why I thought to ask.

That's the problem with the poo mix breeders, mix any dog with a poodle and you get a dog for people who are allergic to dogs hair. What they don't take into account is that mother nature has also something to say in this...a lot of these artificial breeded mixes with poodles do have skin problems...immunity system is out of balance.

Fish diet? What are you giving now?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Since we are on the poo question, a bit of pine apple every day in a dogs diet and you don't have smelly poo.

That is why we eat pineapple with chicherrones, really! My girl threatened to leave me if I carried on binging on the stuff without 1 part pineapple to every 5 parts chicheronnes!

Not that she considered me to be a dog, or maybe...................come to mention it!!:ermm:

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
My dog only drinks bottled water. If he does happen to drink tap what, he will get sick. He has short hair, so I just dry him well, I would suggest you do the same to yours. Dante says Hello :)

247312_10150642532180545_886440544_18829176_3065540_n.jpg

What a cutie!! Lance says what's up Dante! (LOL we are such disgusting dog lovers)
P0004_130110.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
That is why we eat pineapple with chicherrones, really! My girl threatened to leave me if I carried on binging on the stuff without 1 part pineapple to every 5 parts chicheronnes!

Not that she considered me to be a dog, or maybe...................come to mention it!!:ermm:

A rebellious dog then because you refuse to sit and STAY :)

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
That's the problem with the poo mix breeders, mix any dog with a poodle and you get a dog for people who are allergic to dogs hair. What they don't take into account is that mother nature has also something to say in this...a lot of these artificial breeded mixes with poodles do have skin problems...immunity system is out of balance.

Fish diet? What are you giving now?

Yeah that is a good point. My mom is allergic so I got a poodle mix so she would not have problems and honestly I love the fact that he does not shed. I just give him fish non grain dry food with a little warm water. It was that or have him get an allergy shot monthly for the scratching which I did not want to do. It is not a terrible skin allergy he just scratches himself a lot when I give him other types of food for too long.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Yeah that is a good point. My mom is allergic so I got a poodle mix so she would not have problems and honestly I love the fact that he does not shed. I just give him fish non grain dry food with a little warm water. It was that or have him get an allergy shot monthly for the scratching which I did not want to do. It is not a terrible skin allergy he just scratches himself a lot when I give him other types of food for too long.

The Mexican naked dog is a good alternative...but they are ugly, at least I think they are lol
The only brand with Fish in it you will be able to get here is ProPlan Salmon and Rice and its not everywhere available.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
that is why we eat pineapple with chicherrones, really! My girl threatened to leave me if i carried on binging on the stuff without 1 part pineapple to every 5 parts chicheronnes!

too much information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'd go bancrupt giving bottled water to my dogs, they go through 3 or 4 buckets a day (most they spill while playing). but then they were born here so they would not care.
washing your goggie with normal water should be fine but in case he gets a diarrea you can get hydrating solution from any pharmacy. there is one with no falvour. mix into one liter of water and give to the dog. cheap yet effective.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hi there! I brought my 9 year old Bichon Frise to the DR for a month vacation and then back to live her permanently. I have only given her bottled water and she has been fine. She's a little too much of a prima donna to do things like drink out of other dogs' bowls or standing water. In fact, if she wants a drink, she requests that fresh water be added to her bowl! However, my sister also brought three large German Shepherds with her from the states and both those dogs and the 17 puppies of those dogs drink tap water (and anything else they can find). I have one of the puppies and he has a small bowl of drinking water from the bottle, which is what the drinks primarily, but he also has a large pot of tap water in which he plays...splashing with his front paws, stepping in with his back paws, and dipping his head and then lying in the water (to stay cool, I presume). Occasionally, in the past two weeks (he's only 10 weeks old), he has shown some symptoms of intestinal issues, but for the most part, he's been fine. I think it depends on the dog. Giving him bottled water once he is full-sized is not an option. He already drinks about 10 times as much water as my Bichon and they are the same physical size right now. I can't imagine keeping him in bottled water once he's an adult! Good luck. Oh, and Beneful makes a Salmon and rice dry dog food....

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
That brings up another question

Is good dogfood available without killing the budget?
Manu

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Hi there! I brought my 9 year old Bichon Frise to the DR for a month vacation and then back to live her permanently. I have only given her bottled water and she has been fine. She's a little too much of a prima donna to do things like drink out of other dogs' bowls or standing water. In fact, if she wants a drink, she requests that fresh water be added to her bowl! However, my sister also brought three large German Shepherds with her from the states and both those dogs and the 17 puppies of those dogs drink tap water (and anything else they can find). I have one of the puppies and he has a small bowl of drinking water from the bottle, which is what the drinks primarily, but he also has a large pot of tap water in which he plays...splashing with his front paws, stepping in with his back paws, and dipping his head and then lying in the water (to stay cool, I presume). Occasionally, in the past two weeks (he's only 10 weeks old), he has shown some symptoms of intestinal issues, but for the most part, he's been fine. I think it depends on the dog. Giving him bottled water once he is full-sized is not an option. He already drinks about 10 times as much water as my Bichon and they are the same physical size right now. I can't imagine keeping him in bottled water once he's an adult! Good luck. Oh, and Beneful makes a Salmon and rice dry dog food....

Pup of 10 weeks...woms?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That brings up another question

Is good dogfood available without killing the budget?
Manu

Royal Canin is about 1600 pesos.......... I got 40lbs of Eukanuba last week at Playero for 2500 pesos
Purina is here...

Playero and No Coast prices are the same as SDQ from what I see.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Royal Canin, Purina Pro Plan, Pro Pet (soya free) are all good brands, know from experience, you can get here but expensive. Eukaneuba and their sub brand Beneful I stay away from also from experience.
I usually look at the components on the bag and see how the amounts of proteine and fat correlate to each other, what the additives are and then look how my dogs react to it, do they have diarhea, poo more then usual, skin and coat and energetic level of the dog.
Up till now I do it for all the dogs with Champ?on which is the generic brand of Alican and they are all doing just great on it in every aspect. 850 RDS per bag (20KG). Once a week they get some royal sardines in oil mixed in them just for the coat, really good and once a week they get no kibbles but nice big raw cow bones to chew on it. They love it.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Thanks for the comment about my 10-week-old pup, but my sister is an experienced breeder and has wormed him regularly, as well as seen to all his shots. Basically, he's doing great. She put him on Purina puppy but he should actually be on something for large breed puppies as he is growing so quickly!