Foreign Aid to Haiti Re #Matthew

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Bravo! Bravo!

The interim president of Haiti has given that country's parliament a verbal whipping for rejecting Dominican troops! See the video here (its in French or Kreyol and subtitled in Spanish):

https://www.facebook.com/daurysantana000/videos/1440538745960657/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

In a nutshell, he question why does the presence of military men from various countries doesn't bother anyone, but the presence of Dominican troops suddenly causes displeasure. He says that the troops were there to protect millions of dollars in Dominican aid and that there is nothing to fear. In a nutshell, the guy has his head well placed!

Lets hope more Haitian leaders are like him. This bodes well for the future of the island, IMO.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Haitian caricature that appeared in Haitian newspapers

The Haitian on the sofa says I wouldn't accept that if I were you and the poor Haitian on the left says something along the lines of easy for you to say since you are not in my situation. The Haitian on the left represents South Haiti (the part most affected by the hurricane).

The light colored hand on top represents the Dominicans giving aid after the hurricane.

IMG_8098.jpg

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
For once I got to agree with Hippo, bring the troops back and what they were sent to guard. Distribute to our own.