Four Seasons to Open Dominican Republic Resort in 2026

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claudette Covey
by Claudette Covey
Last updated: 11:50 AM ET, Tue September 12, 2023

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and Cisneros Real Estate are set to debut Four Seasons Resort and Residences Dominican Republic at Tropicalia, a sustainable resort located on the southern portion of Samaná Bay, in early 2026.

Tropicalia is Cisneros’ private estate and includes “a diverse ecosystem of white-sand beaches; crystalline, aquamarine water and coral reefs; mountains, forests, mangroves, lagoons and rivers; a working coconut plantation; and an organic farm,” Four Seasons said.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is one of those "I'll believe when they open." The Four Seasons in Miches (Tropicalia) has been touted for years and until now, nada has open.

Reactions: Big

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This is one of those "I'll believe when they open." The Four Seasons in Miches (Tropicalia) has been touted for years and until now, nada has open.
They're probably waiting to see how well the swinger resort does.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Four Seasons and the Ritz are premier properties. Not much demand here for hotel rooms that start at 750 a night.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Four Seasons and the Ritz are premier properties. Not much demand here for hotel rooms that start at 750 a night.
Unfortunately, it is a very select group that would elect to stay in these types of properties.

Reactions: JD Jones

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I expect they did their research......... they'll be fine

Look at the multi million $$$ properties selling at Playa Grande.... and the Amanera hotel- full all the time, $2000/nt

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I expect they did their research......... they'll be fine

Look at the multi million $$$ properties selling at Playa Grande.... and the Amanera hotel- full all the time, $2000/nt
lol you make it sound like they're selling a few a week. Also, the A is not full all the time - please provide the sources to back this up. Last time I heard from some employees, looks like it may be at 30% any given period

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The golf course properties (Discovery Land) are basically all sold

You need to catch up !!

Lots more to come... 2400A in total... just a small chunk , the initial offering

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
One of the most successful they have ever built... to my surprise

Like you- I doubted them...... WRONG !!!

Yes, the golf course lots sold out fast ......... Yes, a few a week..... MILLIONS !!!

Fancy crowd.... your sources (employees).... maids ???
I will say ... they rarely leave their rooms..... having dinner there, you're alone usually
Average stay just 3-4 days

Trump's daughter was there

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Costa Rica has a Four Seasons. The only thing it has in common with the proposed Four Seasons in the DR is that it's in the middle of nowhere. Simply doing satellite comparisons between CR's Four Season and what the area looks like around Miches, the second wins in terms of besuty of the beaches and generally, other things which are valued by North Americans and Europeans whrn they vacation in a tropical place (the abundance of palm trees is one of them.)

Costa Rica's Four Season
JH5rI9a.jpg

JH5rx8g.jpg

Area around Miches where the DR's Four Season is supposed to be built.
JH5rocF.jpg

JH5rnF1.jpg

With good marketing and a few other amenities (such as building a new golf course which should rank among the top 50 best golf courses in the world and designed by one of the world reknown golfist/golf course designers) should do the trick.

But most important of all is for the Four Seasons to be built!

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Unfortunately, it is a very select group that would elect to stay in these types of properties.
unfortunately? Some people drive a Chevy, and some drive a Mercedes. People stay at these types of properties because the thought of an AI makes them throw up. There are upscale properties here, but nothing on the four seasons and ritz scale.

• Love
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo