Status
Not open for further replies.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Fourteen !!!! What, no laughter?

Twenty_seven !!!! Still no laughter?

Eighteen !!!! [silence]

Oh well, I guess some can tell 'em and some can't.

Not a single chuckle at the French history in Jazzcom's thread?

I'll rebut it anyway in another thread when I get around to it, just to be fair.

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
MamIndie, do you see the jazzman trying to impress you with his Spanish? He just called me 'joseita'. But now it sounds feminine. Very good, jazzman.

Here's another lesson for you:

C?mo se llama el hijo var?n de Elga Eva?

I'm going to leave you alone for a while; it's time for me to get serious.

-Jose?to
sometimes they call me 'spigger'

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
OK then,Hey SPigger! this is the "Clown Bin"

but that doesn't mean that it is for "Clowns" like you and "Iddy"! It is a place where nice people place funny stories and "Jokes".I know that you two have inflated ego problems,but why not leave this forum for its intended purpose??? CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Criss...

Because we come here to laugh.

Should I have ended that with a pronoun which was preceded by a preposition?

-Jose?to
I'm Humphrey Bogart, and I'm looking...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Here is an EXAMPLE! "SPigger"!

Little "Joey" came home from school one day and tells his father that he got an"F"in Arithmatic that day. "Why" his father asked.

"The teacher asked.'How much is 2x3?' and I said 6"

"But thats right",said his father

"Then she asked me 'How much is 3x2?',"

"Whats the Ffucking difference",asked his father

"Thats what I said!"

"SEE" what this forum is supposed to be used for?

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
I know. It's the clown bin. And we do laugh, Criss. Well, I do.

I laugh.

Apply same question from my last post, kid. I'm Bogart.

-Jose?to
cu? cu? cu? cu? cu?.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Little "Joey"

Little Joey was attending public school and he was doing very poorly ,and even got a "F" in Math class.His mother decided to enrole him in a Catholic School.

When she got his report card at the end of the first term, his mark in Math class was an "A"! She asked him why?

He replied,"When I saw that naked guy nailed to the "plus sign", I knew they meant business!!! CCCCCCCCccccc

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Criss...

Ok, Criss, that was funny. Now I'm laughing WITH YOU.

-Jose?to
MamIndie & Chiri, I'm sorry, I couldn't keep it to ourselves; I had to be fair.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
C'mon guys. I thought my post on the other (now defunct) thread was hilarious. This is the clown bin, isn't it?

You make me feel like the guy in prison where they were telling jokes by number but nobody would laugh at his.

So be it. Before this thread shares the fate of the other one, maybe I can get in a few more words.

I didn't like France, either, when I went there, so I went elsewhere. (Scandinavia was nice - not much to do on those long, cold winter nights except ...ummm).

Omitted in the comical view of French history was perhaps THE most important battle in world history - Tours - where the French under Charles the Hammer defeated the moslems and prevented a possible complete destruction of the West (that's most of us).

In the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (see, this topic is pertinent) Napoleonic law is in effect (at least theoretically). Needless to say, perhaps, Napoleon was certainly no buffoon - he seems to be generally acclaimed as the greatest battlefield commander ever. He also had the greatest coalition against him ever, including in his own government (ones who wanted to restore the crown).

Once when I was riding a train in Belgium, a Frenchman sat down beside me. I ignored him. After awhile he said, "Look, I know that you Americans think we hate you, but it's not true - it's your government that we don't understand."

Is it possible that he had a point?

A lot of the criticism of Charles de Gaul was true, but maybe the US should have heeded some of his advice about getting its financial house in order and minding its own business. After all, it is we, not the French, who have paid the price for not listening to him.

Arve

Oct 13, 2002
Mmmmm...Wouldn't that be Poitiers, not Tours? Tours is the nearest place where something actually happens, but Poiters
should be it. I think Karl Martel's victory is overrated. Firstly, some
argue that what he defeated wasn't more than a bunch of "scouts" rather than a horde of Muslim fundamentalists eager
to conquer Western Uncivilisation. Secondly, I've been to Poitiers.
It's quite possibly the most boring place on earth. The moment the TGV stopped, all I had in mind was: "Go back!". If Poitiers was anything like that in the Dark Ages, it explains perfectly well why the Arabs turned around.

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
andy a and Arve,
(whispering) Sshhh. Don't tell anyone I told you, but I don't think they like it when you 'hijack a joke thread and turn it into (your) political tripe', even if it's your own. Ssshhhhh..Keep it on the low-down. (Or is it down-low?)
Remember, Ssshh...

Status
Not open for further replies.