From Hillbilly's heart

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
As a man who never hesitates to help with your advice and comments, it is in times like this when the least we can do is extend our heartfelt condolences.

So sorry about your loss, Hillbilly...

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I just found out about your son's death. I am very sorry. I know it must be a great pain for you, your wife and the rest of the family. May his soul enjoy God's peace and may you find solace en los buenos recuerdos.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
HB, I have never met Marco but I know many people who know him well, went to school with him etc. There is this sad aura all around santiago for the past few days. Everyone who knew marco had nothing but good things to say about him. I was also very saddened to hear the bad news. I hope you gather yourself soon and go on with your life.
AZB

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Mi amigo Luis,

I am sitting at a computer in a resort lobby with tears streaming down my cheeks and everyone thinks I am crazy but I know better because you and your family are worth it - you are good people and I grieve for you.

We only heard of the news last evening and we are devastated for you - parents are not suppose to see their children precede them; but occasionally God reaches out inexpicably for the special ones - Marco was obviously one such person...

We will remember.

Please know we are thinking of you and yours.

Gregg & Giselle

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Hillbilly, my condolences to you and your family on your loss.

I just returned home very late last night, and this was not the type of news I wanted to see upon opening DR1 this morning.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
HB -

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I heard of it though my friends in Santiago

It has been awhile since I have been on DR1 and have always looked at your posts as insightful and eloquent and even through the hard times your post touched my heart.

My condolences to you and your family,

Amanda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
HB,
we are both sorry to hear this bad news, minovio knows both you and your wife from PUCMM...
all my family will be praying for you.
luis and dorota

Janiop

Feb 17, 2006
Our sincerest condolences

When we went back to live in Mao, at the house of my aunt Dra.Juana Peralta, we met our neighbor and everyday visitor Do?a Julita (Mamayuya) and along with her came the long list of people who conform the Comas Ti? family. Along the years we played, laughed and enjoyed the time you guys came to Mao and Luisito, Yuyo, la mo?o?a y el mo?ono (I don't think I know there real names) were basically part of the family as we lived right across the street. Last night my mother called me and told me the tragic news and I could not believe what I was hearing. It came as a surprise and at the same time it hit home because just three years ago we lost our sister, Virna Zahira, to cancer at the age of 35 also leaving two daughters. Our heartfelt condolences go out to you, Asuncion and the rest of the family and his family.

Familia Perez Estevez (Rene, Dulcita, Minerva, Arlovia, Janio, Raul)

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Still in shock

Luis,

My parents are here in Canada and I did not check my e-mail all weekend until now, when I got Debbra's e-mail, she sent it on Saturday,,, we are all too sad, I ws just telling my Mom he was doing well and going to Germany as we discussed before.

Tried to call you but can't get answers on all your phones,,,, I understand.

Really sorry, we now pray for you to find comfort in the memories of your life together.

God bless you and keep you strong.

Love

CB

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Dear Luis,

I am moved and saddened to the hear about your son.

Patricia is right, Marco has gone on to become an Angel in the company of the Lord. He was obviously raised right and pure of heart.

My true heartfelt condolences to you, your wife, and Marco's family.

Sincerely,
Charlie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To all who have posted, my very heartfelt thanks. I had no iea that the DR1 net was so wide.

We are coping.

A few corrections on the piece that appears in today's News.
Marco died in his apartment in Santiago
Marco was a businessman with his own businesses (yeah, more than one!)
His wife Patricia is the banker.
He died of heart complications as a result of his chemo treatments.

My love to you all.

HB/Luis

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Hillbilly,
I just want to say how sorry I am to hear about the loss of your son. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Moca

Jul 1, 2004
HB,

I just learned of the news fron GB. I am so sorry for you and your family.

Que Dios mantenga el en su Gloria,

Moca

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Luis,
Reci?n me acabo de enterar del fallecimiento de tu hijo Marco. No puedo imaginar un momento m?s d?ficil para una familia. Siento una gran dolor por todos ustedes. Desde la distancia, con l?grimas en los ojos y un gran afecto y respeto, te env?o mi m?s sentido p?same.
-'Dok'

DRMGIL

Dec 18, 2006
Sorry for your loss

Mr. Midence,
I am so very very sorry for the loss of your son. I knew him well, respected his golf abilities; but more than anything admired his good will towards mankind. I can only hope that he is in a better place now and that you and the rest of the family finds the strength to cope with the loss.

Sincerely,
Michael Gil
Atlanta, GA

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Our deepest sympathy

I briefly met Marco at a golf tournament and I know that my husband enjoyed each golf game that he played with Marco throughout the time we lived in Santo Domingo. He was a true gentleman. I can imagine no pain greater than losing a child. May God grant you and your family the strength you need to journey through this difficult time. Our prayers are with you all.