From Santo Domingo to Sosua without Caribe/Metro tours?

swake

Oct 27, 2002
AndySpb said:
The tone of my initial post was like this because I remember answers when I asking last year about the way to go to Haiti... Nobody did not told me nothing about this. Only that I am carzy to go to Haiti and the best to do not this. Finally I visited Haiti without any problems and without any helpness from people from this forum...

The advise on Haiti was given to you by some real DR old hands, people that have been living here for more than a decade and know the ropes on up country travel. You might want to reconsider your degrading tone next time you find yourself in a real helpless situation, God forbid.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
swake said:
The advise on Haiti was given to you by some real DR old hands, people that have been living here for more than a decade and know the ropes on up country travel. You might want to reconsider your degrading tone next time you find yourself in a real helpless situation, God forbid.

Well said swake, and I hope for Andy's sake this is not the trip where he encounters this. Helpless situation might be a bit extreme, but I certainly wouldn't want to arrive in Santiago at 11 PM, without a "backup plan", and discover that the gua gua my friend told me he took last year left at 10:30, or is no longer operating. It's true that the public transportation system in the DR is surprisingly extensive. It is also true that it is subject to change. I would be concerned that with all the knowledgable Santiago residents here, noone else seems to be able to confirm the availability of this transport.

Andy,

The fact that your trip to Haiti went off without incident in no way refutes the wisdom of advice you recieved not to go. People take risks all the time and get away with them. If I load one shell in a revolver, put it to my head, and pull the trigger, 5 times out of 6 nothing will happen. That doesn't mean people shouldn't tell me not to do it!