from STi airport to cabarete

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
I was told there is a new road completed from licey to cabarete.CAn someone give me the direction from airport to cabarete using the road through jamao;.I think u can go right from the airport to licey right.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No new roads. Might have fixed up one or two.

Why not use JJ and save yourself some money? (palomalinda0890@hotmail.com)

Otherwise, same as always: turn left out of the airport, left at the end of that road, right on the highway to Moca, left on the road to Canca, Canca la Piedra, and Tamboril, then right on the road to Jamao....piece of cake.

HB

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
Beacause Im Renting A Car At Airport To Go To Sosua.where Do U Make The First Left.is There A Way To Go From Inside Airport A Back Road That Takes U To The Moca Road.from Airport How Lond Approx Will Take To Get Me To The Road To Cabarete,

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are facing the Airport Terminal, you go to the right.
If you are leaving the airport terminal, you go left.
Just copy those directions. they are spot on.

You do know that we never recommend driving for newbies in the DR? I expect that you have been here before? Know the "rules of the road" ??

Should take you not much more that 25-30 minutes to get to the turn off for Jamao...

Good Luck.

HB

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
ye si have benn going for 10 years.thanks again Brianim jjst a little shaky on those spots to make my turns

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Basically, you go until the road ends.
The most difficult two are the left hander to get on the road to Tamboril/Canca.
This happens in Estancia Nueva, Moca. Just before you get to the town. As I recall there are a bunch of car dealers there. Actually, it is a major fork in the road, and practically the only sort of important road that is on the left. You will see a Texaco station about 100 yards down that road on the right hand side. A good place to fill up before crossing the mountains.

The second one is the right hander to go up the mountain to Jamao. there is a sign there so you have to watch for it. Also a tiny little police station..

HB