From the Mother Land, Spain.

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
Evolution goes bothways.

Iberoam?rica is product of colonization for the good and the bad, only when some accept this they will be able to evolve.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I don't know why it is always Black Americans that always come to the attack when Dominicans refer to any linkage to Spain.
Whether you Black Americans like it or not, Spain is the mother country of the Dominican Republic just as well as it is the mother country of many other Latin American countries, including the Philippines.

You guys don't want to hear it but many of us do have thick spanish blood running through us, whether some of us like it or not.
And FYI, you as well as many caribbean islands brothers hating on us for paying tribute to Columbus just shows lack of history knowledge on your part. Columbus and his brother Diego were against any crime and abuse to the natives by other Spaniards that had little respect for them. You need to go find out the reason Christopher Columbus and Diego ended up in chains and prisoned.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I don't know why it is always Black Americans that always come to the attack when Dominicans refer to any linkage to Spain.
Whether you Black Americans like it or not, Spain is the mother country of the Dominican Republic just as well as it is the mother country of many other Latin American countries, including the Philippines.

You guys don't want to hear it but many of us do have thick spanish blood running through us, whether some of us like it or not.
And FYI, you as well as many caribbean islands brothers hating on us for paying tribute to Columbus just shows lack of history knowledge on your part. Columbus and his brother Diego were against any crime and abuse to the natives by other Spaniards that had little respect for them. You need to go find out the reason Christopher Columbus and Diego ended up in chains and prisoned.

True, but it doesn't hurt to look at Spain more critically, notwithstanding, specially since some colonial mistakes on the part of that metropolis would have dire consequences for the future of this country. For example, their commercial exclusivism and the measures they took to enforce it (destruction and abandonment of the western towns, 1605) would lead to the French settlement of the western part and the creation of their plantation nightmare Saint-Domingue/Haiti, the fallout of which we are dealing with, and will have to deal per secula seculorum, or at least until one of the two states bites the dust, again.

May 12, 2005
Why does every damn thread have to turn into a race and political mess? Ya basta! 'Toy jarto. Poor JJ posted videos about music from Spain, just enjoy the damn music.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Why does every damn thread have to turn into a race and political mess? Ya basta! 'Toy jarto. Poor JJ posted videos about music from Spain, just enjoy the damn music.

I was thinking the same thing.
Some folks just can't leave their preconceptions and bigotry behind it seems...

I like that Latin duo,

Gloria y Stefan..

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Deleted by moderator: off topic

Last edited by a moderator:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I vote for this thread winning the award for hijack of the year. Let s call it Madre Patria from Bachata :laugh: