funny things a gringo can say to a dominicana

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
here's two things which a gringo can say that will make a dominicana laugh:

1. tell her you're one of the 30 caballeros de santiago

2. in spanish this is really funny:
gringo: tu quieres que te enseno ingles?
ella: si claro!
gringo: watagatapitusberry!

most people here won't understand the second one, but you just have to try it to see. watapatapitusberry is a reggeton song and is a made up word which is supposed to be dominicans trying to speak english but making no sense. thus when you tell her you'll teach her english and tell her this, its pretty damn funny. :)

anyone else got any like these? :)

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
here's two things which a gringo can say that will make a dominicana laugh:

1. tell her you're one of the 30 caballeros de santiago

2. in spanish this is really funny:
gringo: tu quieres que te enseno ingles?
ella: si claro!
gringo: watagatapitusberry!

most people here won't understand the second one, but you just have to try it to see. watapatapitusberry is a reggeton song and is a made up word which is supposed to be dominicans trying to speak english but making no sense. thus when you tell her you'll teach her english and tell her this, its pretty damn funny. :)

anyone else got any like these? :)

Is it friday yet?.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
the dominicanas wont be laughing with you, though, they'll be laughing AT you. big difference, my dude.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
You can say; Dominican Women never lie !

This is really funny, isn't it ? ? ?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Whats the big deal here? Gringos are laughed at every day in Sosua...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm still trying to get Dominican late night slapstick. Why do they have to scream everything and repeat it three times. We got it the first time and it weren't funny. :ermm:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
mrmike has seen some of the photos of my girls and would probably agree they are pretty high quality.

there's a specific set of humor as gringos we can use here in the DR. i've figured a bunch of it out and was hoping to compare notes in case anyone is interested. if not, no biggie.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
I'm still trying to get Dominican late night slapstick. Why do they have to scream everything and repeat it three times. We got it the first time and it weren't funny. :ermm:

Because Dominican humor is running a good 40-50 years behind its American counterpart. But we'll catch up.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Guaranteed to get a response in MSN or when they will not reply.

Te comieron la lengua los ratones??? jeje

Mar 2, 2008
Adrian, actually I think that is very funny.

In fact I would try it if I thought I could get the timing and pronunciation right. Every time I try to tell a joke in either Spanish or English, everyone just stares at me.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Adrian, actually I think that is very funny.

In fact I would try it if I thought I could get the timing and pronunciation right. Every time I try to tell a joke in either Spanish or English, everyone just stares at me.

its pretty hard to get that one wrong. just practice saying watapatapitusberry and you'll be all set. it also labels you as someone who understands the DR pretty well

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
so mentioning crappy pop tunes makes you seem like you're "down" with the people? and they stop seeing you as a naive gringo? *jots down useful info* :cheeky: