gay highlights in SD?

SJC0009

Oct 12, 2007
Gettign back to the request for information try Jay dees bar its very busy friday/saturday and then there is CHA on the malecon right beside the restaurant called Vesuvio. A younger crowd, trendy. jay dees is much more mixed crowd, and they have a show friday/Saturday.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
ok, i'll step in here and answer the questions.

The gay hangouts are (1) Parque Duarte - very nice mixed crowd gathers here most evenings - nothing overt but people meeting with like minded people. Lots of "Queens" - lol. Lots of good music on weekends, Regaeton, Merengue. This is a nice public park at the intersection of calle Padre Bilini and calle Hostos, or two blocks south of the Conde.

Bars: (1) JD's is a disco/loud music Wed - Sun place, RD $150 entrance fee gets you a beer, then they charge RD $125 pesos per beer that normally costs $40 in the colmados. Lots of dancing, drag queens, strippers, etc. look on the Monaga website for more info.

(2) Bar Friends - small dark bar for meeting locals interested in exchanging a "good time" for some of your hard earned dollars - lol

(3) Eucalyptus - same as above

PACO's - not a bar but a sidewalk cafe, at the front of the Conde and the main city gate. This is a local gay hangout with lots of local visitors looking for clients if you know what I mean. Gay and Straight - have a beer, hang out and people watch, food is ok but service sucks.

HAVE FUN, DON'T DO ANYTHING IN SANTO DOMINGO THAT YOU WOULDN'T DO IN YOUR OWN HOME TOWN.

Karlheinz

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
PACO's - not a bar but a sidewalk cafe, at the front of the Conde and the main city gate. This is a local gay hangout with lots of local visitors looking for clients if you know what I mean. Gay and Straight - have a beer, hang out and people watch, food is ok but service sucks.

Hey, is this the place across from Independence Park on the right side of Conde as you are facing east, towards the Hard Rock? I have stopped there for beers a few times, and never noticed any gays. Wow, I really must have some crappy gay-dar...