general strike and safe travel?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No lights is better than this fricking snow! Bring candles, bath in the ocean. Can't do that in snow and ice.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I'm confused

Did the DR not make its payments on Wednesday (which was the deadline) and then even if the product was sent it would only take 2 weeks to arrive as said in previous posts. If this is the case then wouldn't the resorts in Playa Dorado have their supply in time - or am I just plain wrong!!!
I have friends leaving next week and I am wondering if I should warn them, I don't want to alarm them if this isn't going to hold true.
Marlie

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Re: I JUST READ DR1 NEWS

SPRINGFEVER said:
I read that the energy crisis is affecting the northern coast and resorts have two weeks supply??? So am I still not to worry???? Cause I am!!! I will be there a week from tomorrow(Friday the 13th). It is snowing again, we are expected to get 9 more inches!!!! :bunny:

What this means is that the hotels always keep full tanks as a prevision. They constantly are stocking, and now that there have been fuel supply problems, they are stocking up to three weeks.

Please note this is the Dominican Republic. Dominicans are experts at adapting. When the government didn't provide power service, we installed a separate grid that operates independently. One big benefit is that when there is a hurricane, the country doesn't shut off because everyone already has their emergency facilities. Dominican businessmen are no neophytes at meeting the challenges. The fuel stock gives time to take action and source elsewhere if supplies fall under minimums.

SPRINGFEVER

Jan 20, 2004
AGAIN THANK YOU ALL

Anna Coniglio said:
No lights is better than this fricking snow! Bring candles, bath in the ocean. Can't do that in snow and ice.

I THINK I'LL TAKE ANNA'S ADVICE. I usally am a person that over packs and if I go camping it involves running water and a/c. I just got up to another day in snow up to my tatas!!! One week from today, I'll be there. I let everyone know when I get back.:bunny: