german woman arrested for running marijuana "plantation"

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yes stay away from those dangerous people that smoke the pot!!! I’m amazed you don’t know one person Dominican or not it is very popular here.

Oh as I said that I know of, so might know some but they don't do it around me so I'm not aware of it and also as said will keep it that way. I don't believe they would be dangerous. People can do whatever they want just don't involve me. Only mind altering drug I use is alcohol, which might be even worse.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
While living in Amsterdam I remember several people getting busted for growing
weed. The Dutch government was not prosecuting them for the growing, they were
all prosecuted for tax evasion.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I have heard rumblings of an effort to legalize Medical MJ in the DR. Hard to believe they may have woken up to the tax profit center in MJ

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Any news on the lady with the plantation. 3,6 or 12 months preventative. Is she related to Cuba Dave? Is there a jail for senior citizens in DR? Maybe a prisoner swap with Germany? I got a 16 year old Dominican doing 2 weeks for truancy in Düsseldorf, she would gladly agree to a prisoner swap. Each to serve their time in their home country. Mean while my 6 plants are growing nicely here in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts. Don’t even smoke. Just growing because I can legally. What a foolish lady. A medical defense might get her out sooner but no matter what she will be deported. Very foolish lady....

No she won't get deported.....she will serve half her term and get probation for the other half where she reports to the fiscal every month and then she is free.....

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
No she won't get deported.....she will serve half her term and get probation for the other half where she reports to the fiscal every month and then she is free.....

No sh!t.. Thought they would toss her back to Europe. Learn something new every day.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
No sh!t.. Thought they would toss her back to Europe. Learn something new every day.

Not unless she has residency and paid the insurance, then it won't cost the DR govt any money to send her back....but they won't pay a ticket......a friend of mine here on the north coast served 2.5yrs and 2.5yrs on probation and now is a free man and still living here....

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Not unless she has residency and paid the insurance, then it won't cost the DR govt any money to send her back....but they won't pay a ticket......a friend of mine here on the north coast served 2.5yrs and 2.5yrs on probation and now is a free man and still living here....

So people can actually go to the DR and never leave if they want. Just as long as they stay illegal. Sounds familiar. Good to know.