German woman implicated in a murder in LT

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
A German woman has been accused by local authorities of participating in the homicide of a Dominican man, which apparently occurred around 7 January 2016, in Las Terrenas. The woman is Katrin Waltermar (her name may have been slightly misspelled), and the victim is Yonathan Reyes, a professional dancer and instructor. Jes?s Calca?o, a Dominican, has confessed to have killed Reyes in Calca?o's home. The woman apparently sent the victim to the place of the homicide and eventually told authorities where they could find the killer.

Does anyone know more about this event or the participants? Is Ms. Waltermar known to be a poster here?

Seemed to be a serious guy, very into his dance . I didn't know him personally, but I have seen him around many times. You couldn't miss him, he was somehow flamboyant in his style (to be honest, I thought he was gay).

Through the Dominican grapevines , I heard he was brutally tortured before he was killed (the account is gruesome and the article mentions muerto con m?ltiple heridas de machete y otros objetos). People were shocked and that's all they talked about.

They had argument over that woman the night before and he went to the killer's place to make peace. I also heard that it is a neighbor of the killer who went to the police, not the women in question (which makes sense because the killer was arrested on the day of the murder). But, it seems to be true that it is the woman who lead the victim to the killer's house (I doubt that she knew he was to be murdered, but who knows ?).

I don't know the killer (nor does he look familiar), all I know is that he was a barbero, nor the woman involved.

Very sad. RIP.

Last edited:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Actually, he was. And a very good one at that.

I stand corrected... my apologies...

So was this a Love triangle ??

reason I ask, rarely do you hear TORTURE involved.. unless a Lot of money is HIDDEN, or when its really Personal...
Sorry to hear such gruesome details on top of everything else.
may he RIP

was not trying to be a wis earse before.. .but I DID assume he was playing the Sanky game,
and something had gone wrong..

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I stand corrected... my apologies...

So was this a Love triangle ??

reason I ask, rarely do you hear TORTURE involved.. unless a Lot of money is HIDDEN, or when its really Personal...
Sorry to hear such gruesome details on top of everything else.
may he RIP

was not trying to be a wis earse before.. .but I DID assume he was playing the Sanky game,
and something had gone wrong..

It was indeed a love triangle. They had an argument the night before.

From the details I heard, either the killer really lost it or was a sadist. But again, murders in DR seem to be often brutal, it seems to always involves 15 machetazos or something crazy like that (Or may be there are the ones people tend to talk about more).

I don't want to speculate because I didn't know them personally. I ran into him often and we knew people in common (LT is so small). I saw him the week end before it happened in a club, that is why I was shocked.

He was not a sanky, but if you are a dance instructor in a tourist place, they deal with tourists and expats. A couple dancers I know have been overseas several times thanks to dancing and are not trying to stay there. They lead a decent life in DR and many (if not most) have gringa girlfriends.