Germans

JayUKcomingtoDR

Jan 15, 2002
those germans bombed our chippy!

Sorry just an old english saying.
Heres my two euros worth.
Canuk - I too have stayed at the casa marina resort. I am not being zenophobic here, people who have chatted to me on here by now know that. But i my personal experience THERE, I found the MAJORITY of Germans to be rude, arrogant, condesending and have no manners. Sorry, but that is my opinion. I also found some ENGLISH to be just that, typical English, loutish, ignorant to other lifestyles, short sighted and slighty zenophobic. I found some Americans to be like i imagined them to be, loud, boastful and patronising of a poor deprived third world country!
But i beleive these to be not an isolated characterisation tho.
As Marc says this is my personal recollection of my time there. So dont even start on me.
Tor - you are right mate. Those who stand in line do so because of the nature of AI'S. Towards the end i was beggining to feel like herded sheep.
As for WWI & II, yeh its old. Anyway i believe the nazi's started that not the Germans.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Re: Yes,But! Marc

Criss Colon said:
Will you grant me the fact that "Canuks" parting shot,"I guess they have foregotten about WWI and WWII", was a little ,"Over Kill" for the crime of "DWG" drinking while german! I happen to like Germans,cause they "look" like "us'!Criss Colon

Uh-oh, got the thumbs down from CC!! ACK!

Canuck is stretching, but surely he jests. I'll "grant"you that.

Besides, everyone knows that the Al Qaeda started WWII. It's true. I saw it on CNN.

marc

rastabits

Feb 1, 2002
about germans /nationalities

As a Dominican, i can tell you something about my experiences in all the resorts of this country and the people i've meet:

Most of them try to have fun here and sometimes, if they are not a little bit shy, they will try to talk to other "people at the house". You have to agree that not everyday your "sense of humor" is fine, and that not all the people have the same education level. On the other hand, to corroborate the last paragraph, you should know that most of the people that goes in an "all inclussive" hotel, goes there because of economical facts (u just pay a few dollars for a full 2 weeks), and some of these people are very poor people that deserve themselves a nice vacations, no matter they lack of a good education manners.

All said, you'll find out, english, french, canadian, italian, dominican, americans, german, etc.., acting and behaving like the Kanuck experience, that if you think about it for a while, was his experience and noone can denied it.

My last words: behave yourself, and forget about the others, enjoy your trip everywhere you go, and if someone seems to be an ignorant, just walk away, and meet someone else.

Ralf Rastabits.

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
I'm not in the habit of slander, and call me a biggot if you will BUT I have to agree with those remarks about Germans. I have been going on "girl" trips to the Dominican for 6 years now, and everything that was said in the first post regarding Germans has been my only complaint about our trips.
Not only are they rude and ignorant, they walk around the resort like they own it. And can you say dirty looks! I have never been sneered at or looked down at like I have been by German vacationers in Dominican Republic.
My views are my views and I would have never posted them on this message board, but someone has got to give Canuk credit for nailing this subject dead on!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Chritina

Sometimes I am to "subtle" for my own good! I was "trying" to express the idea that ,unfortunately,much of the "Isms" in the world (racism,sexism,classism,religious intolerance)are do to the fact that people "Look" different,one from the other. I am 2 meters tall.have "blue" eyes,blond hair,and am fat! Must be the description of at least one of your "German Uncles". Hence,"They look like us"!(The Germans) It is " easier" to hate someone who "Looks" different than you do. "Hang" the "Black Man","Stone" the guy in the "Turban","Yell" at the "Woman" walking by! I have said before that "We are all racists",it,s what we do about it that is important!Criss Colon

Canuk

Jan 4, 2002
Rebuttal

G'day,

I want to reiterate my views on Germans. Yes I may have generalized when I shouldn't have, which is something I'm not known for. All the Germans I ran into at the resort were in fact very rude and obnoxious. I should not have all "ALL" Germans are this way and apologize if I did infact offend anyone.

As for the one comment "Nazis" started the war not "Germans" mayeb someone can tell me the difference?? As for the books I have read on the Third Reich, yes I read several and therfore I do know something, they do not differenciate between the 2.

My comment of "remember WWI & WWII" was over the line and again I apologize for offending any of the nice germans I have yet to meet.

Cheers

CanadianEh

Jan 5, 2002
I'm With Ya

I agree totaly with Canuck. We spent 2 weeks in Cuba last year and were amazed at the RUDE German tourists. In their defense I guess I come from a country with lots of space and a fairly good attitude for people around you. As well, we did meet a German girl who remains a close friend through email ect. I think more people should try the karma route and all will be good.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
It's true about

Germans...but this is just thier way.....I have come to just deal with it, and if they really annoy me....I say "Hi I from Canada....sorry about the war! with a big smile and then butt in!

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Here's a HURRAH for the rude Germans...at least according to the above...they are making us Ugly Americans look downright lovable.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Richard, Richard! YOu have brought back some very happy memories.

"the whole world is ////???etc etc.

BTW, there was also a song somewhat like that in West Side Story, but it only delt with puertoricans.
I like the isle of Manhattan....

And Spike Jones? Can he still be herad? Will I have to upgrade to listen to Morphus?

Hummm...
thanks, man.

HB

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Merry Minuet

You won't have to upgrade Hillbilly to download morpheus, it's available at http://www.musiccity.com

It helps to have a high speed connection or you could be waiting for hours as music idownloads. I haven't checked for Spike Jones to see if the Feuher's Face or others like Beeglebaum? pardon the spelling ,are available there. A;lmost everything I've been looking for from the fifties (muleskinner blues, the wayward wind etc.) and other sixties music is available. I've just gone crazy with it, stuff I hadn't heard for years keeps bringing back memories.