Golfing South Coast

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Heading down to Be live Hamaca over christmas. The last few years I've be going to Playa Dorada (puerto Plata) but there are no charters left out of toronto for the days I can go, so I booked the south coast this year. On the sunwing website the hotel lists a lot of golf courses and prices. My question is does the hotel or tour operators offer packages that include transportation to the courses or can I take public transport or will I have to rent a car (prefer not to).<o:p></o:p>
Thanks for any info <o:p></o:p>
Mark

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have seen a Van saying Golf on it many times in the Punta Cana area, but I have no idea of the phone or where the office is. Ask at your hotel about this.

If you want I can get you on the Jack Nicklaus course at the Hard Rock for $60 any time. The normal price is $200.

Send me a PM if you want to play.

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Sky thanks for the gracious offer. I and landing in Punta Cana then being shuttled over to Boca Chica, so I was looking for courses in the bc and Santo Domingo area. I just have to figure the best way to get to them

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
When you arrive at Hamaca you should be able to get the info you need. It will be easy to take a taxi to Juan Dolio for some golf. You can probably find a tour operator to set you up.
I apologize for not having up to date info. I haven't been there in a while. The Metro golf and Guavaberry are two names that I recall from the area.
Hopefully someone from that area will chime in with better info for you.

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks dulce
Looked up a thread from 2007, and it said you could make arrangements at the hotel. Searched out the Go Golf tours that SKY mentioned but they are only in Punta Cana/Bravaro area. Will have to wait and see.

Mark

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Just got back from Be Live Hamaca in Boca Chica. Played golf at The Metro and Gauvaberry golf clubs. Both were nice tracks, with Gauvaberry being the nicer of the two. Arrived at the hotel and talked to the tour rep (sunwing out of Toronto) he had no clue about golf or there advertisements on there web page. The rep sent me to the hotel guest services and they had no idea about prices and said I would have to take a cab to the course. I found a private driver to drop me off and pick me up for less than half the posted rate on the taxi boards. The Metro was $80us dollars including a cart and the caddie was $15 us. The Gauvaberry was $87us and $17us for the caddie including cart. The courses were empty and no tee times required, I just showed up and they got me right off. Both courses were located in Juan Dulio. If there is any questions that I can answer let me know.
Mark

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Played both courses many times over the last 10 years, Metro & Guavaberry.

You will have the place to yourself during week days, weekends can get quite busy, Google for contact details and book direct you dont need to go through an agent, If you intend to stay and play many times in a year i would recomend joining Fedogolf, This saved me alot of $

Federacion Dominicana De Golf
Tel 809 338 1004
Golf Republica Dominicana - Golf Dominicano, Torneos Nacionales de Golf, Eventos, Campos de Golf, Reglas del Golf, eventos de Golf - Inicio

Contact Us | Group Metro

Whiskylee