Good morning, would like to introduce myself!

Lela Joannidis

May 29, 2013
Hello all. I just arrived a week ago with my two small dogs from Argentina. Staying with a friend in Bavaro, Cocotal.

I am Swiss and look forward to meet forum members and learn a lot about the Dom Rep and the whereabouts!
Been living in the Caribbean quite a bit before, so not a total newbie to the culture.
In Buenos Aires I was quite active in the expat community and hope to be able to establish a great round of positive attitude people and most of all, animal lovers, dog owners and cultural interested folks.
Currently I am on apartment hunt, then need a good lawyer for several things, like my legal paper work and registering my new activity here.

Any comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

So looking forward to meet new people, yours, Lela with Samba &Tango

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Welcome Lela, come and say hello at the B?varo Bazaar - the next one is Saturday after next, 8th June, 9am-1pm. It's just down the road from Cocotal in Plaza Playa Turquesa, outside a bar called Liqui2 - many of the vendors are expats. The bazaar organiser - Maria Postell - sings in Plaza Palma Real every Friday night.

I was going to mention Rescatame but Mike beat me to it. :) Please feel free to ask more questions about the area - I've lived here for almost 5 years of a total 14 in the DR.

Lela Joannidis

May 29, 2013
fantastic chirimoya! actually, that is interesting as we are cleaning out closets today, good thing to know! will come and check it out! will you be there? already befriended the rescatame and met two girls here in cocotal that are in it as well!
will get my bearing hopefully soon, got a car yesterday, drove all the way back from capital at night (UGH) and now more flexible on checking out stuff!
pretty exiting! woah, long time living here! can we meet sometimes? :classic:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
fantastic chirimoya! actually, that is interesting as we are cleaning out closets today, good thing to know! will come and check it out! will you be there? already befriended the rescatame and met two girls here in cocotal that are in it as well!
will get my bearing hopefully soon, got a car yesterday, drove all the way back from capital at night (UGH) and now more flexible on checking out stuff!
pretty exiting! woah, long time living here! can we meet sometimes? :classic:
I probably won't be at the Bazaar tomorrow - we have visitors this weekend, but you can send me a private message so we can discuss meeting up.