Good News and Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
From my doctor friend in Santiago, lots of Covid out there. There are many people coming to the hospitals and testing positive. Out of the 13 doctors on the team, 6 are out with Covid.
The good news is that most of the cases are mild and they are not admitting them, just sending them home with meds.
The bottom line is, take it easy tonight so you don’t end up in the ER because there are not many docs and the hospitals are busy. If you have a weak immune system, stay away from the crowds.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
From my doctor friend in Santiago, lots of Covid out there. There are many people coming to the hospitals and testing positive. Out of the 13 doctors on the team, 6 are out with Covid.
The good news is that most of the cases are mild and they are not admitting them, just sending them home with meds.
The bottom line is, take it easy tonight so you don’t end up in the ER because there are not many docs and the hospitals are busy. If you have a weak immune system, stay away from the crowds.
I also know two people who got it. One from Santo Domingo. Out of 55 people in her office, 10 are positive and sick. The other is from Bonao and 90% of the 25 people there are sick and positive.

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
Last week my 6 week old grandson was diagnosed with Covid as was my 7 and 9 year old granddaughters, my son and his wife. They live in Miami. All are fine, having suffered one to two days with flu like symptoms. I’m bot trying to downplay this but rather state facts. For most people it’s like getting a cold or flu. Time for the world to work on herd immunity to put this behind us and hold Fauci and others responsible for playing mad scientist.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I have to say, if one goes to a hospital for cold or flu symptoms he/she is a loser!
Really...Myself I have asthma so the cold or flu for me can be worse. I am not a loser as you say. I just unfortunately have other issues that make these types of sickness harder for me hence a possible hospital visit may be needed. Loser, well that is you for not respecting that some of us are not of the " gold health standard" you post about.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Really...Myself I have asthma so the cold or flu for me can be worse. I am not a loser as you say. I just unfortunately have other issues that make these types of sickness harder for me hence a possible hospital visit may be needed. Loser, well that is you for not respecting that some of us are not of the " gold health standard" you post about.
Let me clear it up, if one goes to the hospital for cold or flu symptoms, he/ she is a loser!! The emergency room is for emergencies, not for preventive medicine.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Let me clear it up, if one goes to the hospital for cold or flu symptoms, he/ she is a loser!! The emergency room is for emergencies, not for preventive medicine.
Many years ago I went to the emergency room because I had bad flu symptoms. I could hear bubbling in my chest when lying on my back. The doctor told me if I did not get in when I did it would have turned into pneumonia in short order. I am a loser?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Many years ago I went to the emergency room because I had bad flu symptoms. I could hear bubbling in my chest when lying on my back. The doctor told me if I did not get in when I did it would have turned into pneumonia in short order. I am a loser?
Maybe you should have went to your Doctor..., Nah, jump in front off heart attack patients, car crash victims, stroke victims and people with broken bones and bleeding.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Years ago I was admitted into the hospital from an accident with a horse.
We were riding when the horse spooked, fell on me breaking my arm, the bone protruding through my forearm and my hand 180 facing palm up.

A neighbor drove me a couple miles to the hospital.

I needed surgery but first I waited about 15 minutes behind a well known local and somewhat addled indigent. He was complaining of a sore throat. He was in the emergency room 3-4 times a week, as the annoyed nurse explained and apologized. All his care was covered by the government and what he really craved was just attention.

I got my arm repaired with a plate and had a followup surgery a year later.

Yes there are losers who tie up the emergency room with sniffles and we have been conditioned to no longer tough it out like prior generations.

Urgent care facilites were created to handle some of this type care and relieve emergency rooms.

The real reason for much of this lies in not being financially held to pay for the medical cost but leaning on insurance or government to pick up the tab.

Personal responsibility takes some common sense

Reactions: Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Last week my 6 week old grandson was diagnosed with Covid as was my 7 and 9 year old granddaughters, my son and his wife. They live in Miami. All are fine, having suffered one to two days with flu like symptoms. I’m bot trying to downplay this but rather state facts. For most people it’s like getting a cold or flu. Time for the world to work on herd immunity to put this behind us and hold Fauci and others responsible for playing mad scientist.
Herd immunity really isn't a "thing' with CV19. Remember when the leaders of the US and UK were talking about herd immunity and labelled as , well, words we don't used on DR1? Now you hear people saying dumb things, medical experts even, that OMICRON will be the "final injection" to bring the world to herd immunity. Sorry, no, Immunity to CV19 fades quickly over time. So herd immunity is not happening. The peoples patience with this has also faded. That is what will cause the world to move on.

What can happen is reducing the effects of CV19 by taking whatever precautions you desire from living in a bubble to whatever else. Your choice.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Maybe you should have went to your Doctor..., Nah, jump in front off heart attack patients, car crash victims, stroke victims and people with broken bones and bleeding.
It was Friday night at about 2 am, doctor's office opens on Monday morning. Wow, you are very judgemental.

Reactions: It wasn't me

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Well said.
Lot of people with underlying serious health issues should be careful and should look for treatment as early as possible.
People with health issues are not losers but there will always be folks who lack empathy other than for themselves.

It is smart for people with health issues to be extra cautious and head off to the doctor at the first signs of illness.
Much easier to stay healthy than try and regain it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You never heard of "triage"?

The ER personnel decide the order of treatment.
I thought it was common knowledge in all emergency rooms the more dire cases are seen first.
No one jumps in front of anyone else.
Not complicated. Broken arms are seen behind heart attacks and severe bleeding.
It the way the hospital saves lives.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You never heard of "triage"?

The ER personnel decide the order of treatment.
I thought it was common knowledge in all emergency rooms the more dire cases are seen first.
No one jumps in front of anyone else.
Not complicated. Broken arms are seen behind heart attacks and severe bleeding.
It the way the hospital saves lives.
if one goes to the emergency room, especially in this day and age for a sore throat, cold or flu symptoms he/she is an inconsiderate loser. A doctor can call in a prescription. Chico Bill was spot on with his story.

• Sad
Reactions: It wasn't me
Status
Not open for further replies.