Good things to do near Paradisius Palma Real

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I myself have a bit of some negativity about these excursions. Have been on a few of them over the years in the DR and the last one in Puerto Plata did it for us. Once you pay you are in their control until they drop you off at your hotel. We went on a 4 wheeler wife, myself sister and brother inlaw. They put us in a cattle truck with benches and since we were 1st to be picked up we were in for a cattle truck experience. The dust the diesel fumes were overbearing. We went from hotel to hotel picking up other customers. Then we get to the 4 wheelers and were treated like objects not humans. It ****ed me off so bad it almost got to throwing fists. after the 4 wheelers it was back to cattle truck and visiting all the hotels dropping guests off and we were last since we were picked up 1st. NEVER AGAIN. This is just one story.

Post the name of the tour company and excursion so others can learn, ideally in a new thread as this one is about a specific destination.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Post the name of the tour company and excursion so others can learn, ideally in a new thread as this one is about a specific destination.
My point was not tour company specific because the majority of these companies do the same thing. To be more specific many around the world are like this. Round up tourists like cattle and you are held hostage til they drop you back off at starting point. Of course you are not really being held hostage but you know what I mean. We almost flagged down a taxi on our last adventure. No need to start another thread.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I liked the tour our extended family took when we hosted our reunion on the island a couple of years ago.

The one thing I would add to the list ... you can't walk to it, but get yourselves up to Macau beach. it's changing and you should see it while you're there. Also.. there used to be a couple of restaurants at the far end, (by the cliff) that would cook fresh seafood being brought out of the sea by the fishermen who beach their boats there. Double check they're still in operation, it's been over a year since I was last at Macau. Rent a car it's an easy drive from Bavaro on the new highway ... if you go on Sunday... FAMILY DAY... you'll get to experience local people having a day at the beach. LOUD LOUD LOUD music... bring ear protection. haha. lots of trash on the beach too... but it's authentic.

grakk

May 17, 2016
Nothing to really do there. Beware of the hype that goes along with anything hotel or tourist operators try to sell to you. Be
smart! Nothing for tourist near captain cook. Please do not walk around alone or just with your family. Stay at hotel. DR can Only offer u a beautiful beach and Nothing more. Believe me please. Also do not think of driving in DR anyplace alone. Your
hotel really is where I think you will have best time. Also be aware of the buffet ... Food usually at buffet not the best.
All this said I hope all is wonderful for yr trip.

Thanks for all the help - I appreciate all the advice.

Should we worry about walking up and down the beach? My understanding was Capitan Cooks and Jellyfish were along the beach (which I thought were all lined with resorts)

Also - taking cabs between the paradisius and the hard rock (for the club) should be fine as well right? Just get the cab from the doorman correct?

grakk

May 17, 2016
Be careful with your money. I got money stolen from the safe box while staying there. Do not leave your money or values in the safe box.

I figure this is the case at any hotel, no? I'm planning on bringing $500 USD - 200 of which is for the sole purpose of tipping ($5-10 per day for the maids and dollars for around the resort etc)

$300 of that will be for gambling/spending - I'm assuming its all going to be lost anyway.