good wages

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
I was wondering what a good salary is for
- tourguide working about 7 hours a day ( licensed and non licensed)
-a housekeeper that comes everyday ( not live in or food)
-a pool and gardenman

And i mean a decent salary,not like a minimum.
To be added with bonus like for christmas and if the people do a good job.

xx sabrina

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Tour guides don?t have a high salary here, it is a minimum and more or less based on tips..
7 hours a day and 5 1/2 day a week is anything from 3000 up to 5000 pesos.

A maid, depends on alots of factors, if she is full time ( 5 1/2 day a week ) she would need to have food in your house.
People pay very differently, I know some pay around 200 pesos a day, some pay more.

Pool man/ garderner would be upon agreement, as it depends on your pool and of the piece of land/garden he/she is supposed to take care of, and how often.

I would go easy if I were you, learn the country and culture before making longterm agreements or arrangements, and don?t spend the money at once.

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
carina said:
Tour guides don?t have a high salary here, it is a minimum and more or less based on tips..
7 hours a day and 5 1/2 day a week is anything from 3000 up to 5000 pesos.

Legal Tour guides (the won't be stopped on a tour and pulled off by POLITUR if they catch them) have set rates for excursiones. You can contact the Asociacion de Guias Turisticas to get the new excursion rates applicable from the 1st of May. The amounts you pay the guide depends on the excursion. number of tourists on the tour and the number of languages he is required to speak. The Puerto Plata asoc. is 586 2866
You can also employ a tour guide full time. However it certainly doesn't come cheap...for a good guide could cost +/- RD$25,000 + insurance and normal full time employment also means liquidation, doble sueldo and all that rigmarole....

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
You are correct, depending if they are hired per day or fully employeed.

Licenced tourguides or not depend on the tour. There are tours where a
licenced tour guide is required, and several tours where it is not.
Tours like cats and other tours, etc don?t have this and don?t need it in accordance to the regulations. But they DO have their employees full time employeed, not per day.