"Gordo",an insult or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Gordo, flaco, fea, tonta, rubia, morena, loca, bruja, americana, diabla, demonia, montra, bacana, jeva, tipa ... and the worst I heard was a street car driver screaming to a blind guy ?hey ciego, derecho?! :eek:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
El Tuerto

... and the worst I heard was a street car driver screaming to a blind guy ?hey ciego, derecho?!

Reminds me the other day, while driving on Independencia Ave, I took took a sharp right turn into a driveway, and made a fat man hogging the entrance and standing with his back toward the street, jump with fright. The man started cursing and scolding me. After a screeching stop, I told the man: 'Oye gordo, no te v?, es que soy tuerto de este ojo (pointing to my right eye)'. The man immediately proceeded to express his sorrow and ask for my forgiveness: 'Lo siento se?or, no sab?a que usted es tuerto (one-eyed)'.

jayvon30

Jun 1, 2005
I have a Colombian friend who calls everyone gordo(a), I guess to them it is a term of endearment.

Willie

Sep 30, 2004
My novia's sister who lives here in NY affectionately calls her husband gordo. He does not seem to have a problem with it. It's a cultural thing I guess.

Willie

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Tito Whatshisname has a song out called "Mi Gordita" - used with the 'ita at the end, is not so bad. Pretty catchy tune I must admit. If the guy is into curves then he will say to his friends: "Tengo una gordita..." with a smile on his face.

There are other things that people say to imply that you are fat: Metida en carne, estas en salud, metida en salud, gruesa, demasiado saludable...

Any others?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Sorry I missed your reply

amy2761 said:
But, I'd like to give you my two cents regarding your comment. Be I fat or be I thin I would not like to be seen with you as your view IMO is shallow.

Stay well,
Amy
\

My opinion is not shallow its flaco.
Being gordo myself its only my preference.Have a great day and don't read too much into these idiotic posts (especially mine)

JOHN

Talldrink said:
Tito Whatshisname has a song out called "Mi Gordita" - used with the 'ita at the end, is not so bad. Pretty catchy tune I must admit. If the guy is into curves then he will say to his friends: "Tengo una gordita..." with a smile on his face.

There are other things that people say to imply that you are fat: Metida en carne, estas en salud, metida en salud, gruesa, demasiado saludable...

Any others?

No, if a woman has nice bodatious curves, almost amazon like you would say, "El Mujeron!"

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
AMAZON - wow thats a big word buddy... Thank God I dont take it to the heart!

sancochojoe said:
No, if a woman has nice bodatious curves, almost amazon like you would say, "El Mujeron!"

Everybody's taste is different. In the US im not skinny, but in DR they call me flaka - ahora ;o)

They have been calling me El Mujeron since La Toro band came out with that song about 10 years ago. I've been my height since I was 14 and I've never really been skinny - thus El Mujeron me aplica muy bien a mi...

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Did I write that?!

johne said:
\

My opinion is not shallow its flaco.
Being gordo myself its only my preference.Have a great day and don't read too much into these idiotic posts (especially mine)

JOHN

I sit in front of my computer screen all day long really into my work, then I take a 5 minute break to give my head a rest, log on here and sometimes my replies are a little agro .... apologies :)

Stay well,
Amy

pichardo7

Jul 1, 2005
Gordo, gordito, Moreno, morenito, Flaco, etc.

Larry said:
It's an insult. Unless you like being called 'fatso'.

Larry
I do not believe that any of those terms(gordo, flaco, moreno, etc) reffer to one's color or size.

If anyone would like to insult someone, they would reffer to them as: Molleto, Gordiflon, Arenque or some other form of insults.

Lighten up, Larry, no lo coja tan serio

Status
Not open for further replies.