Gout

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It is not a good idea to jump on 300mg of Allopurinol.

You need to start @ a much lower dose and build it up, and you should be monitoring your uric acid levels along the way.

This is not a drug to casually start taking without a doctor's supervision.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Another excellent solution apart from juniper berries is a herb from the the Amazon called chanca piedra. This herb stimulates urine production to expell the excess uric acid. However, you must slow down the conversion to purines in your body by changing your eating habits. Supplements and medication can work, but the best thing for your body is to change your lifestyle habits and regulate your protein intake.

Jul 28, 2014
In general terms, sticking to a primarily varied plant/fruit diet, with as little meat as you can tolerate is best for a lot of things, everything from gout, cholesterol, blood pressure, and the list goes on...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In general terms, sticking to a primarily varied plant/fruit diet, with as little meat as you can tolerate is best for a lot of things, everything from gout, cholesterol, blood pressure, and the list goes on...

Absolutely, a diabetic diet will help keep anyone in good health as well. Many people think fat is the killer, sugar is worse.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
It is not a good idea to jump on 300mg of Allopurinol.

You need to start @ a much lower dose and build it up, and you should be monitoring your uric acid levels along the way.

This is not a drug to casually start taking without a doctor's supervision.

yes I am

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe I should reread this entire thread, but will be lazy and ask instead. Google translate says gout is gota in Spanish. Drop? My lady says that gota is a disease where a person mumbles instead of talking correctly.
I am fighting an infection in my big toe which reminds me of what my father showed me once when he was about the age I am now. SO does anyone know the Dominican word for gout?
Thanks
Der Fish