Gran Cabanna Cabarete

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Earlier I had asked about inferior materials being used in the construction of this project, and received no answer......So I did some investigation.....Low and behold this is a fact....the thing that really is a matter of concern is the windows and the glass doors....supposed to be dual pain glass, but actually are single pain glass......poor investors that have to pay the power of keeping an uninsulated condo cool during the day and night....the developer don't give a hoot, as he will just increase the condo fees to cover his ass....oh yea and go to the office and listen to the answer they give for this....

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
It is a big concern to see a project being stop like this. The expensive items like ceramics, bathrooms, fixtures, kitchens, furnitures and electrical are not even started and this is phase one. Just the fact that the windows are not complete tells the story. This project at the most is 25% sold. Lets hope it gets finished before the investors get to nervous and an other sun village episode accures shying away investors even more from the dominican Republic.

Insider

Feb 7, 2010
::

Attention: Bob K is dreaming in technicolor. Would somebody please give him a shake from his dillusion, take him by the hand, and lead him through the Grancabanna site. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all the people all of the time. You can quote me on that.

Sorry Bob K, was'nt looking at posting date

Insider

Feb 7, 2010
::

Attention: Bob K is dreaming in technicolor. Would somebody please give him a shake from his dillusion, take him by the hand, and lead him through the Grancabanna site. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all the people all of the time. You can quote me on that.

Sorry Bob K, I was'nt paying attention to post date. August saw work in progress, but ground to a halt, in early Sept/09.

Insider

Feb 7, 2010
Gran Fiasco--What Gives ??

6 months & counting, at standstill,Not 1 iota of work since Sept/09. Is it abandonded.?

Lets do the math.
All have paid the initial 10%, constr start 25%, roof pour 25% Apr/09.

There are no further payments due !! (Dual windows & exterior glass sliders) not yet installed.

Developer claims delay due to "embarassed late payers", are only a tiny fraction of the total budget, estimated @ $12,000,000.00.

Would a realistic builder tolerate payments past due 10 months, and express hope that funds will arrive SOOOON ??

The budget includes land at cost of $50,000.00 a few years ago, and inflated to $1,200,000.00 input into Gran (??). Into what "Black Hole" has this one million +, dissapeared ? Developers notmally take their profits post completion.

Was the profit grabbed up front from the buyers imput, leaving nothing for completion ??

Buyers funds languishing, patience & goodwill fading, are abused/victimized.

WOW !! Bite the hands that feed you. Go Figure !!

Insider

Feb 7, 2010
cdnresident welcome

It is a big concern to see a project being stop like this. The expensive items like ceramics, bathrooms, fixtures, kitchens, furnitures and electrical are not even started and this is phase one. Just the fact that the windows are not complete tells the story. This project at the most is 25% sold. Lets hope it gets finished before the investors get to nervous and an other sun village episode accures shying away investors even more from the dominican Republic.

I think this project is deep in the dodo. If you have a vested interest, please contact the web site. Give them your Email address, you will be contacted.
Highest confidentiality is assured. Buyers/Investers are gathering to
exchange information and plan strategy. PLEASE JOIN US !

Insider

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I go by the project almost everyday, they had some time-share sales people there for a couple of days, but for the last 2 they are gone.....still no construction activity to report...

sosuajoe, are you the dr1 name police? lol

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
The fact that the Sun Village time share crew is involved in the marketing of Gran Cabanna is enough for me to stay away. The latest sunvillage time share crew email states the resort will open June 2010 and former Sun Village vacation club members who got screwed will be welcome with open arms at Gran Cabanna for a transfer fee of just $1500. But must act right away cause this offer will not last.:ermm:

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
Time Share

I never understood why anyone would ever get sucked into a time share in the first place. But if you can sell someone on the idea of switching over to another one because "we screwed over there" and it's only $1,500 more if you hurry . . . then that person should get a job selling something of value cause they are good.

I don't really get what insider is saying. He speaks in a code all of his own.

Insider

Feb 7, 2010
Arithmatic Lesson, Third Grade

Hello Swooperman

Well if you can't fathom the numbers, where were you when they covered the subject matter in grade school ? Behind the barn smoking weed ?
Have a halucinary day !

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The fact that the Sun Village time share crew is involved in the marketing of Gran Cabanna is enough for me to stay away. The latest sunvillage time share crew email states the resort will open June 2010 and former Sun Village vacation club members who got screwed will be welcome with open arms at Gran Cabanna for a transfer fee of just $1500. But must act right away cause this offer will not last.:ermm:

Wow. Does the fee include mosquito nets that are easy to install?

grancabanna

Feb 4, 2010
Gran Cabanna construction is once again under way.....we are hoping to finish the construction of phase one in less than 4 months then begin delivering units in October....

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Construction progress?

Can anyone report on the progress of this "re-start"? What kinds of crews are working again, etc."?

grancabanna

Feb 4, 2010
Currently there are crews working on ceramic, wood work...installing interior doors, and infrustructure installations, general electrical and plumbing systems. pool construction will start next week.

MikeAmbro

Nov 8, 2012
6 months & counting, at standstill,Not 1 iota of work since Sept/09. Is it abandonded.?

Lets do the math.
All have paid the initial 10%, constr start 25%, roof pour 25% Apr/09.

There are no further payments due !! (Dual windows & exterior glass sliders) not yet installed.

Developer claims delay due to "embarassed late payers", are only a tiny fraction of the total budget, estimated @ $12,000,000.00.

Would a realistic builder tolerate payments past due 10 months, and express hope that funds will arrive SOOOON ??

The budget includes land at cost of $50,000.00 a few years ago, and inflated to $1,200,000.00 input into Gran (??). Into what "Black Hole" has this one million +, dissapeared ? Developers notmally take their profits post completion.

Was the profit grabbed up front from the buyers imput, leaving nothing for completion ??

Buyers funds languishing, patience & goodwill fading, are abused/victimized.

WOW !! Bite the hands that feed you. Go Figure !!

Seems like insider was very right on this one.