Great Bachata show...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I got an adaptor cable from Radio Shack, it is like a "Y" one of the terminals is built into your headphone jack of the computer and two plugs for audio connected to the input of your receiver/ amplifier... I enjoy my free time listening my Latin music online from youtube or on Myspace...

JJ

yes, i understand the hookup. now what load does the amplifier see? speakers, or a set of headphones?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't know exactly what the load iin watts is, the way i set the imput to the amplifies is by setting the computer's volume no more than half, this way i don' put much impedance that may cause damages to the pre- amplifyer...

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't know exactly what the load iin watts is, the way i set the imput to the amplifies is by setting the computer's volume no more than half, this way i don' put much impedance that may cause damages to the pre- amplifyer...

JJ

bachata, i am asking what the amplifier plays into; speakers, or headphones. cranking up to full blast with headphones might sound nice, but in a few years you will be using hearing aids. this is not important, but the load is in ohms, not watts.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
bachata, i am asking what the amplifier plays into; speakers, or headphones. cranking up to full blast with headphones might sound nice, but in a few years you will be using hearing aids. this is not important, but the load is in ohms, not watts.
I do have minors earing damages already, I get a hearing test done every begining of a new year at the company I work for... I got the third done last January, the guy who performed the test said I'm same way I was in the beginning ... Not too bad for listening laud music all my life.

When I was living in Santiago I used to have a Marant pre-amplifyer hooked to a Scott amplifier... I was one of the best client by the time speakers shop located on Calle Espana esq. Independencia in Santiago city... Just think about my woodfers was 20 inches/ intermedias 6'' and a hole buch of twitters conected in serie...

I was getting 800 Watts of output of noise from this componet...

I saw many time concrete walls shaking like when you are freezing in this cold weather.

I do both... Speakers when I am on my own in the house and headphones when the family is here.

JJ

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I do have minors earing damages already, I get a hearing test done every begining of a new year at the company I work for... I got the third done last January, the guy who performed the test said I'm same way I was in the beginning ... Not too bad for listening laud music all my life.

When I was living in Santiago I used to have a Marant pre-amplifyer hooked to a Scott amplifier... I was one of the best client by the time speakers shop located on Calle Espana esq. Independencia in Santiago city... Just think about my woodfers was 20 inches/ intermedias 6'' and a hole buch of twitters conected in serie...

I saw many time concrete walls shaking like when you are freezing in this cold weather.

I do both... Speakers when I am on my own in the house and headphones when the family is here.

JJ

hope you had an old Marantz, and not the stuff they used to make in Japan. i had a few drinks with the late Saul Marantz at his home in Kew Gardens. he made a wonderful amplifier called a 9B, but i could never afford one. i would just look at his copy, and drool.
hope your headphones are neither Bose, or Beats by Dre. i would be sorely disappointed.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

JJ

Typical Dominican right there...jaja

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I admit I like loud music, BUT dominican took it to another level. I went to a club in January, I couldn t stay inside the music was just too loud, this had never happened in my life :rolleyes:. Thankfully, there were a few tables right outside so my friends and I sat there and even danced.
Later on that night, some guys came with a car, stoped in front of the club and decided to enter a loudness contest with the club. So, we were forced to listen to Dembow (his car) and Bachata (the club) simultaneously. Only in DR :cheeky:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I admit I like loud music, BUT dominican took it to another level. I went to a club in January, I couldn t stay inside the music was just too loud, this had never happened in my life :rolleyes:. Thankfully, there were a few tables right outside so my friends and I sat there and even danced.
Later on that night, some guys came with a car, stoped in front of the club and decided to enter a loudness contest with the club. So, we were forced to listen to Dembow (his car) and Bachata (the club) simultaneously. Only in DR :cheeky:

about 2 years back, some guys asked me to help judge a car stereo contest. i thought i was going to be judging on the basis of quality of things like bass, treble, distortion, etc. not a chance! i thought they were all going to take turns, and i could judge them individually. wrong! they all cranked up at the same time!! i had never heard such anarchy. i did not even waste time explaining anything to the organizers. i just climbed into my ride, and left. only in DR.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

I took an American buddy of mine to a club in The DR and after a little while he says "I gotta go outside...I can't think. My mind if numb..." All of us Dominicans were like what's the problem? :rambo::cheeky:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I took an American buddy of mine to a club in The DR and after a little while he says "I gotta go outside...I can't think. My mind if numb..." All of us Dominicans were like what's the problem? :rambo::cheeky:

the sad thing about this noise issue is that people do not realize that it is an economic issue. when you rely on tourists for income, you have to take into consideration the fact that you you lose a lot of business, because they simply cannot tolerate the volumes at which you operate. sadly, it is cultural. i went into an internet cafe recently, and some guy whipped out his cellphone ( i bet you thought it was something else), and was just bellowing at the top of his lungs. it is as though he did not realize that his voice gets amplified by the machine. i just signed off, and left. it was unbearable. the sad part is that the owner/operator allowed him to continue, instead of telling him to take the conversation outside, because he was causing his customers to leave. (i told him why i was packing it in). it mystifies me, this attraction to noise.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
HHScott never made an 800 watt amplifier,

I've never seen another one alike this again, my friend's father brought this device from the US back in the 80s to run a "Discoteca" on Prolongacion Av. Bolivar SD... They ran out of business a year later or so.

We used to called "La planta" there it wasn't any integrated electronic parts installed in this unit such as transistors... This component was built the old fashion way; tranformers, tubes and huge capacitors...

When they installed in the disco it was connected to control the lights system at rythm of the music.

JJ

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

In my defense I was with Dominicans. I was dying but didn't say a thing I didnt want to be THE gringa. They thought it was too loud (what a relief), IMAGINE THAT !