group of tourists attacked and robbed in zona colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2012
I think that was the point of the robbery.. as I said.. Fuera Yanqui.. fuera fuera enough with the privatizations of the beaches and turning our capital city into a tourist attraction..,

Hahahahaa, look at PR now days, total chaos, deep in debt, no federal help. They wanted it that way, now they do have it!

Careful what you ask for, because you might just get it. No more bombs in Viques, no more federal assistance and dollars, that simple.

macorisano

Oct 4, 2013
That's not true. PR is still receiving the same amount of federal funds as always, all federal agencies are operating normally and the federal financial control board just started operating last month in order to pay the debt and fix the economy. Better stick to DR related stuff.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
That's not true. PR is still receiving the same amount of federal funds as always, all federal agencies are operating normally and the federal financial control board just started operating last month in order to pay the debt and fix the economy. Better stick to DR related stuff.

True. Same abuse of the system going on in P.R. If it was up to me I would give them independence (like it or not).

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Father Xmas is here lol

Christmas is coming. :ermm:

merry3.gif

Apr 10, 2014

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Apparently the tourists were polish, nothing in Polish news dv8?

there are direct flights from poland to DR now with one more connection opening next month. that means few thousand visitors every year, not including polaks who live abroad and travel from other locations.

nothing about this particular lady in polish news, same about recent drowning.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Read an article last night that claimed the real story was different. Said the Polish woman was robbed by guys on a moto, that there was not a group robbery on tourist train, and that she didn't want to press charges. Will try to find the link

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Read an article last night that claimed the real story was different. Said the Polish woman was robbed by guys on a moto, that there was not a group robbery on tourist train, and that she didn't want to press charges. Will try to find the link

the link is in my post #9.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
the link is in my post #9.

I missed that link, sorry [it's post 29]. Certainly puts a different light on this story. Cell phone snatched by motorcycle. No group robbery, no armed robbers on a train, just life in general in DR.

Bad publicity for Santo Domingo, original story painted very different picture.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no worries and yeah, you are correct about post number, i'm retarded today.

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
Wow. Monday, I was reading the news story on this, and I noticed that my wife, my in-laws who were down for a visit, my son, and I got off that same train at 11:45am. That could have easily been us. I hope the victim(s) are okay.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I missed that link, sorry [it's post 29]Bad publicity for Santo Domingo,
original story painted very different picture.

Interesting. Santo Domingo has newly elected mayor.
Perhaps he made a few phone calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.