Guess the place!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Nina and Ben Jamin both had it right...I took the pic while on the boat towards Bahia de Las Aguilas. Chip I would have given you the Camu river guess, but you didn't quite guess, also I was looking for the town. Good guess anyway...

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
You are right on all...............except "that guy"......who is my daughter :cross-eye
33w2lbd.jpg

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Nina: I was going to say that looks like a girl to me.

Ok, now it's my turn. : ) The closest wild guess wins a free tour with family to this haunting countryside.

2i7p8hh.jpg

I would say Neyba...I remember seeing similar vegetation (The trees covering the path) when I drove through there.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I would say the Azua area, but that may be cheating Mirador because I can see your profile on "feibu" due to a mutual friend. :)

Jul 4, 2010
Chip, that's not cheating at all, it's being informed. It's my back yard, one of the last redoubt of quaint rural life in the Dominican Republic, my family's ancestral homeland of El Aguelico de Las Lomas de Azua, of which my home is the only occupied residence.

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
Chip, that's not cheating at all, it's being informed. It's my back yard, one of the last redoubt of quaint rural life in the Dominican Republic, my family's ancestral homeland of El Aguelico de Las Lomas de Azua, of which my home is the only occupied residence.

I ve never been to your back yard, couldnt guess.................why not your shower next:knockedou:knockedou:laugh::laugh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

So what is that little structure in the pic? Your house, kitchen, letrina, altar de brujeria? What is it if you don't mind telling us...

Jul 4, 2010
I ve never been to your back yard, couldnt guess.................why not your shower next:knockedou:knockedou:laugh::laugh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My 'back yard' is about 5000 tareas, and the 'shack' in the pic is one of many abandoned huts in the land. Still interested in a shot of my shower! ; ))

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
My guess is Autopista Duarte between Villa Altagracia and Bonao but the mountain has a gigantic Presidente billboard now.

Autopista Joaquin Balaguer between Santiago and Navarrete. Las Lavas, Villa Gonzalez... The mountain in the background is Pico Diego de Ocampo.

Take @ look at the environment, Cambron trees only grow in the hot areas of DR. Bonao a different kind forest.

JJ