Dec 8, 2005
Gather investors

Okay... new business model:

Bookstore with Guinness on tap.

And... um.... dancing girls. ::cheeky:

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Guinness Travel

i thought guinness does not take transport very well?
now you have mentioned it - i really REALLY want to drink it...
dont know about ALL stout beer but as a matter of fact guinness that has traveled in a keg on the back of a truck for any where up to 100 or so miles tastes better(slightly)than guinness from a bar beside the brewery in dublin on james's st.being a natural beer the vibration,shaking of the beer while in transit infuses the ingredients even more.
anything over that distance im not too sure.
i tried the guinness too that was once brewed here on 2 occasions.it was 9%proof as opposed to the reg 4.5%. tasted allright but i got the most horrific nightmares the same night in bed.so just to make sure it was the beer i bravely tried it again a few weeks later.and again had some of my most horrific nightmares EVER.the couple of bottles you have "just to remind you"(mr ben quote)if i owned them would only serve to people who had done me a bad turn.if it hasent gone sour allready my guess is that they would probably end up hallucinating right there in your living room.:paranoid:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i tried the guinness too that was once brewed here on 2 occasions.it was 9%proof as opposed to the reg 4.5%. tasted allright but i got the most horrific nightmares the same night in bed.so just to make sure it was the beer i bravely tried it again a few weeks later.and again had some of my most horrific nightmares EVER.the couple of bottles you have "just to remind you"(mr ben quote)if i owned them would only serve to people who had done me a bad turn.if it hasent gone sour allready my guess is that they would probably end up hallucinating right there in your living room.:paranoid:

and my mum used to tell me "don't eat cheese before going to bed..."
she's obviously not familiar with the tragic outcome of guinness-induced nightmares...

9% sounds very strong, i'd probably go half-way through the bottle before i pass out. where is my ability of taking in 14 shots of vodka before going out to party (and drink more)? aaah, old age....

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I Had No Luck

I posted the original question last year and then spent nine days traipsing around the DR trying to find a pint of "black gold", to no avail. I ended up in Boca De Yuma on the day of days and I am sure they they'll not soon forget the words to "From Clare to Here" and " Kevin Barry" at the local pool hall. I did bring six cans of Guiness "Pub Draft" with me but the locals seemed decidedly unimpressed. For most non-Irish it is an aquired taste, and the cans cannot come close to the sweetness of a properly poured pint. But they did have plenty of beer in green bottles so the festivities were in part properly conducted. I tried to explain the Boston Tradition of "green beer" to them and "mystified" would indeed be an understatement to describe thier reaction. I bet you that this year they will be clamoring for it, but alas I will not be there.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Ok here?s the deal, if you make it down to Cabarete, there is a wanabe Irish pub that has Guiness in cans for $240, it?s called Jose O?shea?s, on the beach next to Cassanova. It?s not draught, but after a couple of months of being guiness free, it hit the spot. Hope you get your fix of G. :p

marioest

Mar 8, 2007
You can find guinness at Bakkus for 60 pesos a can. It's at Churchill with Sarasota. Cheers, Mario

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Shoveling Snow

Unfortunatly I will be shoveling snow and shlepping through the sleet that is expected in Boston on Saturday. Then it's off to see the Larkin Brigade at The Middle East in Central Square or pubcrawl through The Dubliner and The Old Court in Lowell. And Sunday we carry on with a trip to Southy for The Parade. If I have any green food coloring left I will bring it to Cocolandia when I finally get down to the DR for Samana Santa Week. I'm sure I can initiate a few new members into the Green Beer Club somewhere in Playa Palenque!

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
liffey water(guinness)

brian at debbies pantry has assured a nbr of people that the old black and whit will be available sat night at their paddys day doo.
if not he may end up in the old do doo!;) ;)