Had Great Gyro Meat and Pizza in Nagua

Nov 27, 2002
www.compunorma.com
Hi Everyone.

Being tired of rice and beans i found a new place in Nagua. They sell original Greek Gyro Meat and Italien Pizza. My Wifwe and me had a Pizza and a Service of Gyro Meat with a white garlic sauce. It was really great. The prices are very reasonable. We paid for a 13" Pizza with Champinons and the gyro meat only 500 Pesos alltogehter. The Pie was actuall the best Pizza I every got to taste in the Country.

The Place is on the Ave Maria Trinidad Sanchez when you enter Nagua from Cabrerra, about 300 Meters after the first Traffic Light in front of the Plaxa Quirino. Yum:lick::lick:

Reactions: Tamborista

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I have a huge bucket of shoarma and gyros spices here.... hihihihi

and our friends are bringing over the recipe for the perfect garlic sauce at the end of june... straight from the best shoarma place in belgium...

not wanting to make you envious... well.. hmmm... whahahahaha

(I will share the recipe for the garlic sauce... but those SPICES.... forget it.... whahahahahaha)

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Well, Michael Strong we found your Pizza, Greek Giro Meat place at lunchtime today, a bit difficult as there was no sign up. It was closed!!!
What is it with these restaurants and cafes in the RD, northern europeans and dominicans eat their biggest meal of the day at lunch time, middayish but these places close at midday and only open in the night presumably to cater for southern european eating habits. I for one have NO desire to ruin a good night's sleep by going to bed on a full stomach. The answer I have not found in any article or book of Dominican history or habits.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
There is now a Kebab place in Las Terrenas where they have one of these
gyro roasters. Can't remember the name but its opposite the Paseo next door to Bahia
Tours across from the cemetary. (no inference to be drawn!)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I would pay a premium for a real Gyro and would like to know if there is a supplier of this as i would approach the local restaurants here in Sosua to start selling them as I would eat 2 per week

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Gyros in the afternoon

This place is opposite the small "Quirino Santos"(!) plaza on the western part of the main road leading out of Nagua (towards Cabrera).
Yes indeed, not easy to find as there is no name on the building (green stripe at the top) and it looks rather like a garage when the roller shutters are down.
(This is how we saw it around 1 p.m.)
Neighbours said they would open 'ahorita', at 2 p.m. or later.

After a meal at Nicol's (never again) we drove by the Greek place again and saw the shutters up. There was a delivery moped inside and some plastic chairs.

I am still eager to try it out, will have a late breakfast and lunch at 4 p.m. ;)
Let's see.

donP

Reactions: Tamborista