Haitians ?passing? for Dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

contasm

May 10, 2005
I heard that many Dominicans in Spain are ?passing? themselves for Venezuelans because of the extreme bad rap a few ?bad apples? have given the community. This is (allegedly) happening @ nightclubs in Madrid with the idea of picking up local women for a quicky. On the other hand, I?ve seen Haitians ?passing? for Dominicans in Latin clubs in Toronto.

Could anybody confirm the situation in Spain, is it reality or just plain fiction/anecdotal tales ?

What is our world coming to ? !!!!!!!! :ermm:

Rumors in Madrid, facts in Toronto..

Saludos
Contasm

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I heard that many Dominicans in Spain are ?passing? themselves for Venezuelans because of the extreme bad rap a few ?bad apples? have given the community. This is (allegedly) happening @ nightclubs in Madrid with the idea of picking up local women for a quicky. On the other hand, I?ve seen Haitians ?passing? for Dominicans in Latin clubs in Toronto.

Could anybody confirm the situation in Spain, is it reality or just plain fiction/anecdotal tales ?

Saludos
Contasm

Those are the same prostitutes that work on Young St. Toronto,

You can stay in Canada and enjoy all of the same exoctic stories, so why post here.

Toronto has more international prostitutes than the DR so why don't the sex tourists go to Canada.....They don't speak "EH" !!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
really ? no matter where you're from it all looks the same in the dark right ? :laugh:

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Why would a Haitian in Toronto want to pass herself for a dominican? I understand in DR, but why do that in Canada, I dont beleive that crap.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Yeah, I'd don't believe that either.

Haitians have no reason to hide their origins. Our GG is Haitian. Governor General of Canada / Gouverneur g?n?ral du Canada There are some French Africans who dance some fine salsa, merengue and bachata but I have never met a Haitian passing himself off as Dominican dancing in a Latin club here in Toronto.

Contasm, I will buy you a drink, if you deliver me one Haitian who is passing himself off as Dominican! ;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you ever came with me to costa rica, every haitian there is trying to pass herself off as a dominican and dominicans trying to pass for costa ricans. this is all about sell-ability..

theman

Aug 25, 2008
if you ever came with me to costa rica, every haitian there is trying to pass herself off as a dominican and dominicans trying to pass for costa ricans. this is all about sell-ability..

Ok but were talking about Canada here, Toronto.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And some people will pass themselves off as doctors and lawyer in order to get laid or make an impression.

Whatever

Good post Margaret

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Lemme guess, The Del Ray?

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I hang out with a lot of Haitians here in Canada and I have yet to see any of them pass themselves off as Dominican.

I also go to a lot of Dominican hang outs and haven't seen any Haitian "passing" themselves off as Dominicans.

Down in the Domincain I have seen it. Many times!!!!

Contasm, make that two drinks if you find any ;)

Cheers
Erin

theman

Aug 25, 2008
I hang out with a lot of Haitians here in Canada and I have yet to see any of them pass themselves off as Dominican.

I also go to a lot of Dominican hang outs and haven't seen any Haitian "passing" themselves off as Dominicans.

Down in the Domincain I have seen it. Many times!!!!

Contasm, make that two drinks if you find any ;)

Cheers
Erin

That's another story lol. Funny I meet a couple of woman saying they were dominican, I just start speaking creole and all of a sudden they understand!!! lol

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Like I said, I have seen to MANY times.

LOL, Now you know what I mean. You sit at a bar, they are speaking spanish and then all of a sudden the french and creole start coming out.

Makes me laugh, but hey, whatever makes the person happy. I am just proud to say that I am Canadian and I don't need to hide the fact that I am. Why pretend???

Cheers
Erin

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
i'm talking sportsmen's, zona blue, new fantasy's, etc.
and in cities like jaco, tamorindo, limon and puntarenas.
the del rey ? you mean the Hotel Del Raunchy ? :bunny:

I was in Tamarindo for 5 days.

Many Dominican women trying to pass off as Colombian but I read right thru them!!!!

I prefer Jaco. More of a mix.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I heard that many Dominicans in Spain are “passing” themselves for Venezuelans because of the extreme bad rap a few “bad apples” have given the community. This is (allegedly) happening @ nightclubs in Madrid with the idea of picking up local women for a quicky. On the other hand, I’ve seen Haitians “passing” for Dominicans in Latin clubs in Toronto.

Saludos
Contasm

I spent some time in Spain a few years ago at a cycling camp and hung out in a couple of big cities and small towns. This was to my advantage as I intermingled with the local population on a more intimate level that the average tourist.

So before I make my statements let me add the disclaimer that these are my impressions and no one has to "buy them" as I'm not selling them. Just trying to add another viewpoint to the mix and trying to answer the question as it was posted.

Dominican women have a difficult reputation for the fact that a certain percentage are there working in the sex industry. It has gotten blown out of proportion, and this stereotype does affect women who are there to work in other careers.

And I will put this as diplomatically as I can-some Spaniards have a resentment towards latinos. Call it nationalism, call it racism, whatever-they consider themselves European and that is a big difference to them.

As some portions of every country feel similarly about immigrants, it is felt in Spain by some Spaniards that these darker-skinned latinos are polluting their country and culture.

contasm

May 10, 2005
Yeah, I'd don't believe that either.

Haitians have no reason to hide their origins. Our GG is Haitian. Governor General of Canada / Gouverneur g?n?ral du Canada There are some French Africans who dance some fine salsa, merengue and bachata but I have never met a Haitian passing himself off as Dominican dancing in a Latin club here in Toronto.

Contasm, I will buy you a drink, if you deliver me one Haitian who is passing himself off as Dominican! ;)

Well, it did happened @ at a well known club here in Toronto; El Rancho; an establishment I used to frequent during my youth and now just occasionally.

Case in point, a couple of ladies friend of mine just finished dancing a set of salsa with two guys they have just met. I asked them; ?who are those guys?; they responded: ?some Dominican guys we just met?. Minutes later; the 2 guys joined us a the bar, where drinks are dispensed (for those of you who are familiar with El Rancho, I?m referring to the bar right @ the entrance of the night club, not the one @ the end of the room) and I was introduced to these 2 individuals; by the end of the ?chit-chat?, small talk, I told them: ? Ustedes no son Dominicanos? (you two are not Dominicans); to what they responded; ?Tu ta loco !!!!!? .. then a long pause and then ?ok somo haitiano..pero no diga naa?
2 minutes later the guys exited the club?

Would I be able to recreate this incident ? I doubt it. I?m sure it is something that doesn?t happen frequently.

Margarita; I take my guisqui en las rocas (etiqueta negra) ;)
Sammystorm19; let?s follow it with a mojito :p

DR1s, that?s the reason I stated in my post that Toronto incident is a fact, the incidents in Spain, I cannot confirm; have not been in Madrid in many years. When living in Spain (back in the 70s, during Franco?s regime), the Cubans were, unfairly, the ones getting all the bad reputation; nowadays, as Berzin stated, any dark-skinned Latino; especially Dominicans and Ecuadorians are viewed as ?bad people?, referred as ?sudacas?. Yes, senseless nationalism :mad:

Saludos
Contasm

Margarita;
Michelle Jean is a great asset to this country (Canada), she has been an excellent representative for all Canadian, and as such, I hope she allows the proposed Liberal-NDP coalition to govern.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Sammystorm19; let?s follow it with a mojito :p

Margarita;
Michelle Jean is a great asset to this country (Canada), she has been an excellent representative for all Canadian, and as such, I hope she allows the proposed Liberal-NDP coalition to govern.

Ok Mojitos it is then and I also agree...lets see her allow the Liberal-NDP coalition to govern!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.