Haitians to USA

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This is exactly how my friend Ose went. He got a flight to Panama City and then to Managua. He stayed in Managua one night and then caravaned up to Mexico on busses. He is now in Mexico City waiting for a work permit appointment in November. I'm trying to convince him to stay in Mexico and not go illegally to the USA. We shall see.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This is exactly how my friend Ose went. He got a flight to Panama City and then to Managua. He stayed in Managua one night and then caravaned up to Mexico on busses. He is now in Mexico City waiting for a work permit appointment in November. I'm trying to convince him to stay in Mexico and not go illegally to the USA. We shall see.

I guess anyone who has the means to leave will do so. With the border to DR closing and living/working conditions in DR changed, this is their alternative.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Update on Ose.

He legally reached San Diego yesterday from Mexico City. He was given a 2 year period to work in the USA. He's on his way to Florida and then to Indiana. I haven't paid for anything for him in a long time, so this is all on his cousin and her family. However, once he is established and can legally get his wife and kid over I'll probably pay for that. I don't know when that will happen or even if it can happen.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Update on Ose.

He legally reached San Diego yesterday from Mexico City. He was given a 2 year period to work in the USA. He's on his way to Florida and then to Indiana. I haven't paid for anything for him in a long time, so this is all on his cousin and her family. However, once he is established and can legally get his wife and kid over I'll probably pay for that. I don't know when that will happen or even if it can happen.
Glad to see he made it safely.

He has to be walking around in awe of everything around him.

I still remember when I took my new wife to the States in the '80s.

She was amazed at everything but was still anxious to come back after a week.

Reactions: NanSanPedro